• Helix

Votes: 25 67.6%
  • Clockwork

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters

Goret

Quark
Nebulae
Helix feel more optimized than Clockwork. I also prefer how visually it looks, be it the colours or even the interface.

Reactions: List

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
oh boy do i have a bad feeling about this

serious answer though: helix because it runs better, at least from what i've seen so far.
i dont have the best experience with clockwork from a technical standpoint but then again, im basing this purely from my own experience.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The majority of people are going to say CW for their own personal enjoyment, which is fine. CW had a lot of great events and characters over the three years.

From a stability/steady pop department, Helix naturally takes it.

in pu

hlep
Nebulae
i still wake up in a cold sweat thinkin about that clockwork intro flatline music when you join

it ran like dogshit but it was home, will be missed

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
The majority of people are going to say CW
9 votes for helix, 3 for CW, seems like people do appreciate the this framework after all

holiday adi

黑色土人
Nebulae
Clockwork for me.
Even though it has the worst management and people behind it, i'd still choose CW over NS/Helix, but that's how i've always been.
I like the UI more, the optimization is not as bad as people make it out to be, and overall it's a great framework.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
the optimization is not as bad as people make it out to be
It took one of the guys who helped design the schema originally to patch his own custom one together with duct-tape and tears and even then we'd crash every other day and S2K with more than a few people was impossible.

Hell, just having a 100 slotter was crippling.

It's not bad for smaller servers but when you start to climb in the playercounts it gets painful to work with. The base version is also incredibly patchwork, iirc.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Anyone voting Clockwork is looking through rose tinted glasses, sorry to break that to you.

All good though, we'll never go back.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Was there any truth to the fact he actually had a backdoor installed in CW at one point that gave him access to any server that mounted CW until it got exposed and removed?

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Was there any truth to the fact he actually had a backdoor installed in CW at one point that gave him access to any server that mounted CW until it got exposed and removed?
For reasons I can't really comment on that much so I'm just going to say; there's a reason the version LP and Neb used didn't use CloudAuth.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Given it was Conna and all his other gamemodes had backdoors, you can probably bet CW had a backdoor.

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Well this poll sure is controversial