Serious Post screenshots from other games!

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
03f74ab4d8151017095f5288d87ceb95.jpg

dac68859073a360a049afd9ec9eadf3f.jpg

Such a fucking good mod man

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Dragon's Dogma 2
when you're not observing feral violence disguised as 'team tactics', you have a display of amazing vistas and amazing faces.

I've had two proper play sessions so far, both of them wound up being 5 hour marathons without me noticing.
It was me mostly running around hunting ogres, because some mad lad in level design set 90% of the early game on cliff edges.
fantastic game, with the exception of it not having co-op (please...) it is more or less what I wanted from dragon's dogma again.

yMSu6Ml.jpeg

S3ckDvZ.png

v0tCzg5.jpeg

RBFp491.png

Reactions: List

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Dragon's Dogma 2
when you're not observing feral violence disguised as 'team tactics', you have a display of amazing vistas and amazing faces.

I've had two proper play sessions so far, both of them wound up being 5 hour marathons without me noticing.
It was me mostly running around hunting ogres, because some mad lad in level design set 90% of the early game on cliff edges.
fantastic game, with the exception of it not having co-op (please...) it is more or less what I wanted from dragon's dogma again.

yMSu6Ml.jpeg

S3ckDvZ.png

v0tCzg5.jpeg

RBFp491.png
How's the game optimization? I heard a lot of things about it. I'm not really in a hurry to buy it but I'd like to know if it the game chuggs a bit or if it's just people being overnegative.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
How's the game optimization? I heard a lot of things about it. I'm not really in a hurry to buy it but I'd like to know if it the game chuggs a bit or if it's just people being overnegative.
I'll leave my specs in a spoiler after but running the game on high settings on 4K, I've found overall performance to be pretty solid, can drop during some pretty intensive moments (a mini-boss randomly walked into the city once, all the AI there gave my PC a good challenge)
Not had a moment where I found the game to perform poorly or be unplayable.

Funnily enough the only time for me performance utterly dies in the game is when pre-rendered videos are playing.
For some reason a 4k video of a steak cooking over a campfire drops the game to 10fps. I don't quite understand it.

Generally not a problem, but some story cutscenes use video files instead of real time.
That's the only time performance was a problem as audio runs at normal speed despite how much the video may lag behind, cutscenes end when the audio does, so often the two get out of sync and the cutscene looks to get cut off early.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
32GB Ram
Installed on SSD
windows 11

-

Lot of the comments I've seen about the game were regarding initial release and that dumb dlc store on steam giving a real bad first impression, but past that this is quite possibly already my top game of the year, was a big dragon's dogma fan previously and this hits damn near every mark I wanted it to hit, literally the only thing I'd love to have extra is a co-op functionality, but everything else about the game is exactly what I wanted.

It's so incredibly well designed.

also, the pawns you stumble into

Tony the Tiger
V790ENd.jpeg

Squidward Tentacles
gvR4RT0.jpeg

Kratos (PS4 edition)
4pKwJ6b.jpeg

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'll leave my specs in a spoiler after but running the game on high settings on 4K, I've found overall performance to be pretty solid, can drop during some pretty intensive moments (a mini-boss randomly walked into the city once, all the AI there gave my PC a good challenge)
Not had a moment where I found the game to perform poorly or be unplayable.

Funnily enough the only time for me performance utterly dies in the game is when pre-rendered videos are playing.
For some reason a 4k video of a steak cooking over a campfire drops the game to 10fps. I don't quite understand it.

Generally not a problem, but some story cutscenes use video files instead of real time.
That's the only time performance was a problem as audio runs at normal speed despite how much the video may lag behind, cutscenes end when the audio does, so often the two get out of sync and the cutscene looks to get cut off early.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
32GB Ram
Installed on SSD
windows 11

-

Lot of the comments I've seen about the game were regarding initial release and that dumb dlc store on steam giving a real bad first impression, but past that this is quite possibly already my top game of the year, was a big dragon's dogma fan previously and this hits damn near every mark I wanted it to hit, literally the only thing I'd love to have extra is a co-op functionality, but everything else about the game is exactly what I wanted.

It's so incredibly well designed.

also, the pawns you stumble into

Tony the Tiger
V790ENd.jpeg

Squidward Tentacles
gvR4RT0.jpeg

Kratos (PS4 edition)
4pKwJ6b.jpeg
Neat, I'll likely get it once it's on sale, maybe I'll finish the first dragon's dogma while I'm at it lol

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Neat, I'll likely get it once it's on sale, maybe I'll finish the first dragon's dogma while I'm at it lol
I found it completely worth the full price, sale would be only sweater.

the game being mixed on steam is a damn crime.
How can you look at this and say it's mixed lol