Suggestion Pressing the Hunting Knife on the Hotbar should activate Skinning

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Description: If you have a Hunting Knife on your Hotbar, it would be far more convenient to be able to tap it and have it skin something if you're standing over an animal, rather than having to go into the inventory UI and right clicking it.

What should occur: While stood over a skinnable animal with your hunting knife out, activating the hunting knife should begin skinning.

Prerequisites: A Hunting Knife on your hotbar and the corpse of a skinnable animal.

Repro steps:
1. Navigate over the corpse of the animal.
2. Draw your Hunting Knife.
3. Attempt to activate your Hunting Knife by pressing the associated key to it on the hotbar.
4. Observe.

Reactions: List

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It should be more fluid, allow us to hotbar both the hunting knife and the rifle, and just toggle between them with the hotbar below. Pressing the hunting knife key when above the animal should automatically skin it instead of having to do all this juggling between inventory, equip unequip, right click skin

Really tedious

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I was thinking of putting a suggestion in about just being able to flick between stuff, as I noticed you have to equip your rifle, shoot the animal, put the rifle away and then draw your knife, enter your inventory, skin the animal, put the knife away and then draw the rifle again.

As in, you have to manually do all of that, you can't just press 2 to pull out your knife, press 2 again to skin it and then press 3 to automatically put your knife away and draw your rifle.

I think I'll put a suggestion in for it if no one has already.

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I was thinking of putting a suggestion in about just being able to flick between stuff, as I noticed you have to equip your rifle, shoot the animal, put the rifle away and then draw your knife, enter your inventory, skin the animal, put the knife away and then draw the rifle again.

As in, you have to manually do all of that, you can't just press 2 to pull out your knife, press 2 again to skin it and then press 3 to automatically put your knife away and draw your rifle.

I think I'll put a suggestion in for it if no one has already.

Aye, it would be better in my eyes if pressing another hotkey would automatically holster the weapon you're currently holding and immediately swap, rather than having to manually put it away every time.