professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
I hope it still comes out this year.

Orcus

Proton
Nebulae
I agree with Ric, its nice to see WW3 return, can't wait for a new take on it and the player freedom that comes with it. Till some fuck ruins it all.

Reactions: List

Gabe

Molecule
Nebulae
My only hope is that the players won't become elitest about their group/faction and start another ooc drama fest that has infested the old ww3rp with factions calling out each other insted of just understanding that this is just a video game and that we should all have fun.

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
My only hope is that the players won't become elitest about their group/faction and start another ooc drama fest that has infested the old ww3rp with factions calling out each other insted of just understanding that this is just a video game.
the amount of internal hate in factions on the confession thread honestly suprised me

Reactions: List

Codfather

Shit fuck
Nebulae
My only hope is that the players won't become elitest about their group/faction and start another ooc drama fest that has infested the old ww3rp with factions calling out each other insted of just understanding that this is just a video game and that we should all have fun.
rly unavoidable tbh bro ngl, at the end of the day people see it as a game and have their preferred group, not saying its a good thing, just saying its really hard to avoid my mans

Orcus

Proton
Nebulae

I had no clue that there was genuine hatred for opposing factions, I thought that was a meme.

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
One of the foundations of the problem was probably the innocent fact that you'd have to invest time on one side to develop a character, rather than trying to equally split your time on both main factions developing multiple characters at the same time.

The factions quickly develop their own cultures (each having their own groups of regular players), and people stick to the one they enjoy more, so it seemed to be the case that the factions end up operating differently (which provides a lot of space to interpret bias).

From there you can easily spark actual bias, even if the origins of it were isolated incidents and misunderstandings.

SpaceInvader

Dutch Ally.
Nebulae
I remember swapping between factions ones in a while it wasn't to bad and I was always accepted pretty easily by either faction. I don't think there was genuine hate between me and a player before all though I had some fudes in the 3 years I played it. I never had any hate towards someone for being a glob/coal/nato/soviet I know it's easy to say don't start drama but I have had stuff happen to me in those 3 years I still count as unfair and stuff like that will probally still happen on the new server. However take my advise when I say this playing a certain role is cool. I get that you prefer soviets over for instance insurgents but just think of it like this. If you only play soviets talk to insurgent OOCly as well hop in a ts channel. Or sign up on the different side in a event and you'll see that there is always cool people on both sides of the server. Don't see your faction as your OOC group is what I am getting at. This ain't a gangsta paradise.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
same thing with rebel and cp players over on the other server too
Imo on HL2 it usually comes across more as people throwing assumptions and shade because they didn't like the way it went. Its pretty common to see "union bias" or "rebel bias" tossed around like candy even when it can't possibly be true. I mean yeah people did legitimately used to use factions as OOC bludgeons back on LP in 2013/14 when the staff divide happened but I would count that as a drastic exception rather than the rule.

On WW3 though if you felt the other guys were trying to fuck you over OOC it usually meant they were and could. It wasn't the fault of anyone so much as it was just the nature of what was an entirely S2K-based experience where how well you S2K'd determining if your faction won or lost entirely, to say nothing of the isolated and insular groups like SF who were basically free to do whatever with no direct oversight due to the way things worked.

That, to me, is what allowed it to cross the line between playful banter/people being salty (as is usually the case on HL2) to actual malicious moves to screw folks down.

Status
Not open for further replies.