Not open for further replies.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
The initial reaction to the Stasiland Announcement

LWqfyg9.jpg

D

Deleted member 305

I would have probably not have stuck as long as I did if it wasn't for you, really. You were one of the few people which I could roleplay with and enjoyed it the fullest and we had one of the greatest character developments. There were a few too but they slowly disappeared, losing interest in doing mostly s2k all day.
I don't want to sound grim honestly but from what I saw at the /other/ community who died within a few months is that it was literally a carbon copy of WW3RP.

Even if you change the setting, the aspects, gameplay, visuals and any other you will sill need a key element. A set of rules to actually enforce, not be there. If you're going to have more than a half of the administration team messing around with the other players because they're affraid of not going with the flow then this server is prone to doom from the start.

Make clear rules, enforce them. Ultimately be met with the choice of quantity over quality.
I believe in the concept that most of the important factions are application based, this will help heavily restricting mingery and unseriousness seeing as you can filter through individuals that you think wouldn't bring much quality of roleplay in your faction. the application factor also allows leaders and their subordinates to reserve the rights to freely remove anyone from aforementioned faction if they think that, in any way, that they're degrading the faction either through focus on the s2k aspect of the server or by fucking around every 3 seconds

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
There's also the fact that regardless of whether or not the old people come back mentality wise, it won't matter if the system doesn't support the shit they're trying to do. That wasn't the case in the last iteration because it did matter and it did work that way.

S2King good won't matter when the "war effort" won't hinge on it and people will be more interested in character development than throwing them away for shits and giggles because someone got bored.

Last edited:

Saint

Electron
Nebulae
I would have probably not have stuck as long as I did if it wasn't for you, really. You were one of the few people which I could roleplay with and enjoyed it the fullest and we had one of the greatest character developments. There were a few too but they slowly disappeared, losing interest in doing mostly s2k all day.
I don't want to sound grim honestly but from what I saw at the /other/ community who died within a few months is that it was literally a carbon copy of WW3RP.

Even if you change the setting, the aspects, gameplay, visuals and any other you will sill need a key element. A set of rules to actually enforce, not be there. If you're going to have more than a half of the administration team messing around with the other players because they're affraid of not going with the flow then this server is prone to doom from the start.

Make clear rules, enforce them. Ultimately be met with the choice of quantity over quality.
I think that there's definitely some good points you make but I think this time around, only going for S2K will be a hinderance on people's experience. Especially if you want to make an actual impact on the server. This time the players have a chance to drive the story forward rather than always waiting on operations or events that are taxing on the staff team. So at least they'll have a reason to develop their characters.

I mean people are even going ahead and writing lore docs, making groups, and character bios and then run them through char and roosebud and the server isn't even officially announced, just the concept.

The initial reaction to the Stasiland Announcement

LWqfyg9.jpg
I've never actually seen the confessions thread, what was so bad about it?

Laura

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
"war effort"

giphy.gif

WW3RP Veterans did their part for the War Effort.
Lets hope nobody has to experience what we did.
Now we can leave our lifes of S2K, and move to a life of roleplay and character development.

But the fight is not over my comrades.
You can help the War Effort by giving feedback and ideas for different aspects of Stasiland.
With you, we can make this great.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae

Turns out a lot of former staff/'community darlings' weren't so trustworthy.

Ask @Roosebud if you want the full details, the thread has been moved beyond space and time.

This time the players have a chance to drive the story forward rather than always waiting on operations or events that are taxing on the staff team. So at least they'll have a reason to develop their characters.

Aside from events, RP will be 'city based" so there's no real reason to idle somewhere waiting for operations/etc like the past.

You want something to do, go hit up a store, throw a watermelon at your local stasi officer, key a parked car - there's limitless potential.

Laura

Nucleus
Nebulae
Aside from events, RP will be 'city based" so there's no real reason to idle somewhere waiting for operations/etc like the past.

The map that Stasiland will be using, presumably. From what we have seen is a really big and open map, there is not just only the City. There is hills and forests and different locations then the City itself.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
A solid chunk of the staff team/faction leads/players in positions of power had a good chuckle about abusing their rank/position/metagaming/Roose's trust the entire time thinking it'd all be laughed off and that WW3 was never coming back.

You want something to do, go hit up a store, throw a watermelon at your local stasi officer, key a parked car - there's limitless potential.
Basically why HL2's city has been so booming too - when you give people a space they have reason to interact with and want to interact with, things will flourish.

shia

the freakster
Nebulae
all these soviets say things like "communism, starvation, occupation" and im just like
i just wanna grill for gods sake

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
The map that Stasiland will be using, presumably. From what we have seen is a really big and open map, there is not just only the City. There is hills and forests and different locations then the City itself.

I wouldn't make presumptions about the map if I were you, anything is liable to change.

And I mean anything.

Laura

Nucleus
Nebulae
I wouldn't make presumptions about the map if I were you, anything is liable to change.

And I mean anything.
Yea, i get you.
But from the few screenshots we have gotten. There are different structures and clearly custom made buildings etc.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Yea, i get you.
But from the few screenshots we have gotten. There are different structures and clearly custom made buildings etc.

okay do I have to start removing people from my friendslist or something

what 'few screenshots' are you talking about - I haven't sent anything to anyone beyond char and roose.

shia

the freakster
Nebulae

okay do I have to start removing people from my friendslist or something

what 'few screenshots' are you talking about
i saw a concept thing u sent to be added because roosebud left you sending the image during the weapon showcase video

Status
Not open for further replies.