News Preview/Discussion - WW3RP: STASILAND

Status
Not open for further replies.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
I've probably missed the Q&A but I have a few questions regarding the lore. I do like the new setting so that it's more like the "This war of mine"-style of story. Sets up for a lot of interesting ideas that you can work out to actually get some RP into WW3RP, even if such a thing seems impossible from previous iterations...

This was definitely what interested me to look deeper into what you've made but one question immediately triggered "muh realism". How is it that the Soviets were able to push back NATO out of Europe? This sounds like an incredibly important part of the lore if you are going to want to actually formulate a decent background story to your character. Like in the 1980's, if that is when the Soviets made their push, they would have had to face Chieftains, Leopard 2's and even M1 Abrams, pretty much every technologically superior tank that the NATO had produced while Soviet tanks at that time weren't all that advanced in terms of fire control, optics, and such... So in your alternative universe you'd have to put it that the Soviet Union wasn't in economic turmoil in the 1980's?

What has changed within the Soviet Union to make it retain its strength in this alternative timeline? Like I can agree that the Soviet Union would've probably been able to push NATO out of Europe in the 1950s or perhaps even the 1960s but definitely not in the 1980s when it was constantly changing leadership, it was falling apart and their military equipment was just growing older and older.

So considering you start with:

Does this mean that Lenin lived for longer than he did in our history? But then still, he would've been dead way before the Soviet Union was pushing NATO out of Europe. So who succeeded him? And how would these two people have changed the economy of the Soviet Union in such a way that they would be superior to that of the USA and its allies? Someone else asked whether it was Gorbachev and Char agreed to it so I assume it's Gorbachev but what made him change his ideas towards the West? For as far as I'm aware he opted for more peaceful resolutions with the US and its allies and to get an actual end to the Cold War rather than to actually start World War 3?

I do have to say that I definitely prefer a setup like this over the past WW3RP settings that just devolved into some meme cesspool where RP was second to the need of dinking people and bragging about it in OOC. And, as I said in the start of my post, it definitely opens up for way more potential. I'm not trying to bash what you guys have made, I like the idea and it's nice to see that you're still thinking about new ways to revive this. Though, if you remember how I used to be and know that I prefer realism and things to be logical, I still feel like some things feel a bit lackluster in terms of explanation so far. But I guess that is normal to an initial preview to a new mode.
its basically all the same up until 1983 when operation able archer triggered ww3

Reactions: List

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
This was definitely what interested me to look deeper into what you've made but one question immediately triggered "muh realism". How is it that the Soviets were able to push back NATO out of Europe? This sounds like an incredibly important part of the lore if you are going to want to actually formulate a decent background story to your character. Like in the 1980's, if that is when the Soviets made their push, they would have had to face Chieftains, Leopard 2's and even M1 Abrams, pretty much every technologically superior tank that the NATO had produced while Soviet tanks at that time weren't all that advanced in terms of fire control, optics, and such... So in your alternative universe you'd have to put it that the Soviet Union wasn't in economic turmoil in the 1980's?

What has changed within the Soviet Union to make it retain its strength in this alternative timeline? Like I can agree that the Soviet Union would've probably been able to push NATO out of Europe in the 1950s or perhaps even the 1960s but definitely not in the 1980s when it was constantly changing leadership, it was falling apart and their military equipment was just growing older and older.

So considering you start with:
nato got pushed out because they lost both the 83 and 90 server variations

Does this mean that Lenin lived for longer than he did in our history?
no, it's not a literal motto, just a figurative one, when they say "lenin" they really mean lenin's ideals, i.e. gommunism

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
if you think cold war ww3rp is unrealistic remember when the third world coalition lead by china somehow invaded the entire world with blimps and won while russia remained neutral

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
I've probably missed the Q&A but I have a few questions regarding the lore. I do like the new setting so that it's more like the "This war of mine"-style of story. Sets up for a lot of interesting ideas that you can work out to actually get some RP into WW3RP, even if such a thing seems impossible from previous iterations...

83 was based on the 7 days to the river rhine plan, smash nato before america can stop them - the limited war was a success

90 was a nato attack that failed, allowing a repeat motion of the schlieffen plan (with modern mobile infantry) to break through the retreating US forces and secure victory over france

numerically, nato is fucked in europe - technology doesn't mean shit if your army is logistically compromised and an ocean away from home

Does this mean that Lenin lived for longer than he did in our history? But then still, he would've been dead way before the Soviet Union was pushing NATO out of Europe. So who succeeded him?

it's from a memorial poem to lenin written in 1924 you sausage

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
speaking from a history nerd perspective a soviet victory in europe even in the 80s is totally possible, just not really sustainable

also i think it'd be cool if we could do some large out-of-main-server events that showcase battles taking place outside of europe and letting players have an impact on the war overall

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
if you use ts3 while roleplaying your intentions are clear to any man/women/retard that you are just here to have a old laugh and that roleplay isn't your top priority and this comes from a place where I was doing this in HL2RP and WW3RP.

end of the day if you wanna boost your own enjoyment save ts/discord for other ventures that aren't roleplay.
tbh the most immersive memories i have of ww3rp was before i ever started using ts3

Husky

Nebulae
speaking from a history nerd perspective a soviet victory in europe even in the 80s is totally possible, just not really sustainable

also i think it'd be cool if we could do some large out-of-main-server events that showcase battles taking place outside of europe and letting players have an impact on the war overall
Aye, the soviet plan was basically 'take as much of Europe as possible before peace is negotiated so we can negotiate a better peace deal with the pressure of our land grab.' They planned on executing the fastest expanding military operation in history, essentially the blitz part 2: Soviet bumrush boogaloo.

A good video for any curious of the plans.

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
tbh the most immersive memories i have of ww3rp was before i ever started using ts3

There's two main things that destroy that feeling of immersion you get for the first time playing a serious rp server.

A) Being on VOIP while playing
B) Applying for staff and being able to see what everyone is doing outside what your character has knowledge of

I myself wish I never entered observer on hl2rp so I could still have a sense of mystery when walking around

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
A3D0ZyY.png

D

Deleted member 1381

i would agree but doing a lung transplant on the field on bloc_42 wasn't very immersive

I did really enjoy that period of you and me being the only medics on and there were piles of wounded waiting to be treated, sergeants hounding us with who to treat first while bodies were piled up on the floor waiting for a bed

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
There's two main things that destroy that feeling of immersion you get for the first time playing a serious rp server.

B) Applying for staff and being able to see what everyone is doing outside what your character has knowledge of

I myself wish I never entered observer on hl2rp so I could still have a sense of mystery when walking around

the best times of ww3rp for me will always be when I started, when I had absolutely no clue of the "meta" and pretty much everything was solely in character

definitely gonna do my best to keep things IC and stray away from letting the meta impact me too much this time around

mårten

Atom
Nebulae

Yeah I strongly agree
i would agree but doing a lung transplant on the field on bloc_42 wasn't very immersive

I did really enjoy that period of you and me being the only medics on and there were piles of wounded waiting to be treated, sergeants hounding us with who to treat first while bodies were piled up on the floor waiting for a bed
hahah holy shit yeah
that was really fun, so hectic
like we were the only two medics and people just kept on piling up inside the medbay and my FPS was being completely destroyed by everything going on

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
on my first ever patrol i got shot once then did /animinjured and rp'd being hurt by the impact of the bullet hitting my kevlar

the brigadier called me a pussy and told me to get up and kill more globs :c

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
on my first ever patrol i got shot once then did /animinjured and rp'd being hurt by the impact of the bullet hitting my kevlar

the brigadier called me a pussy and told me to get up and kill more globs :c
that brigadier truly had the spirit of a coal

D

Deleted member 1381

Yeah I strongly agree

hahah holy shit yeah
that was really fun, so hectic
like we were the only two medics and people just kept on piling up inside the medbay and my FPS was being completely destroyed by everything going on
truth be told I just applied for medic to have a sense of belonging as it was like my third week in the server and I had no idea what I was doing, I was probably performing brain surgery at one point

the days without teamspeak were indeed great but you end up being left out in most social groups and don't benefit too well from it

Status
Not open for further replies.