Probably the dumbest question about Garry's Mod I've seen.

Hosterss

Electron
Nebulae
Why do they all have the same pic and what is nutscripts?
wtf

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
Why do they all have the same pic and what is nutscripts?
wtf
nutscript is like clockwork (but better imo).

this idiot is asking how to combine nutscript and darkrp so he can use darkrp addons.

Hosterss

Electron
Nebulae
nutscript is like clockwork (but better imo).

this idiot is asking how to combine nutscript and darkrp so he can use darkrp addons.
But, but. They, they are two different gamemodes.

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
i fail to see how it is dumb, he was just curious
i hope nobody has the same mindset as you guys because everyone would be in fear of asking the slightest of things
If the guy was seriously invested in creating a server, and new even a shred about how garry's mod works internally (which he should know if he's going to set up a server), then he would know that giving nutscript a darkrp base would be like forcing your gamemode to commit suicide.

If he asked a more sensible question, such as: "How can I get started converting nutscript/darkrp addons to nutscript/darkrp?" then it would be fine, because that is possible if you are willing to struggle through the addon's code.

Instead, he asked how to combine nutscript and darkrp (two gamemodes, in the end, pretty much doing the exact same thing), which IS possible, however it would cause a lot of conflicts, likely cause a ton of lua errors, and just cause a strange overlap. It would be easier just to convert darkrp/nutscript code to whatever gamemode you want in the form of a plugin.

Reactions: List

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
If the guy was seriously invested in creating a server, and new even a shred about how garry's mod works internally (which he should know if he's going to set up a server), then he would know that giving nutscript a darkrp base would be like forcing your gamemode to commit suicide.

If he asked a more sensible question, such as: "How can I get started converting nutscript/darkrp addons to nutscript/darkrp?" then it would be fine, because that is possible if you are willing to struggle through the addon's code.

Instead, he asked how to combine nutscript and darkrp (two gamemodes, in the end, pretty much doing the exact same thing), which IS possible, however it would cause a lot of conflicts, likely cause a ton of lua errors, and just cause a strange overlap. It would be easier just to convert darkrp/nutscript code to whatever gamemode you want in the form of a plugin.
sure whatever, let's just witchhunt him and link to his forum thread like an asshole for asking something

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
sure whatever, let's just witchhunt him and link to his forum thread like an asshole for asking something
I never told you guys to harass him. I just said that it was a stupid question, and I thought it was funny enough to warrant posting it here.

I never called him a disgusting stain on humanity because he asked a dumb question, I never even insulted him. I literally just said that it was a dumb question, and I thought it was funny.