Public-Access UNIX Systems

Discussion in 'General' started by HBaguette, Mar 27, 2020.

1. HBaguette

HBaguette bitchmade
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I mainly made this thread because I wanted to show off the one I'm a member of, but feel free to talk about any, really.

Right now, I'm a member of SDF, the Super Dimension Fortress. Those of you who're huge fucking weebs'll recognize that from Macross. It started out as a BBS for talking about it, iirc, and since then has evolved into what it is now. It's been going since 1987 and has outlived fucking everything that's tried to do a similar thing.

When you connect, you'll have limited access to the system's functions, and to verify your account you need to either pay them 1 USD via mail, or 3 USD via paypal, specifying "verify [your username]" in the thing. After that, though, you're given free webspace, gopherspace, all that shit. There's a BBS, IRC, COMmode, and all sorts of other shit. Generally, it's just cool as fuck if you like that sort of thing.

If you want to join, you can register a shell for free at https://sdf.org.

EDIT: They also give you free USENET access, which is pretty fucking cool, if I do say so myself.

#1 HBaguette, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    • nebulous nebulous x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice