Purple reflective surfaces

McGregor

Neutrino
Nebulae
This is a thing that's been happening to me for a long time and i'm sure it's an easy fix but I am wanting it to be fixed and though i'd try my luck here. Does anyone know why whenever I look at water, sometimes shiny floors, windows etc, they reflect a purple colour? I have all legal copies of the textures and have tried refreshing my addons in the past.

Deleted member 5501

The Civil Authority Grindset
B A N N E D
Nebulae
This is a thing that's been happening to me for a long time and i'm sure it's an easy fix but I am wanting it to be fixed and though i'd try my luck here. Does anyone know why whenever I look at water, sometimes shiny floors, windows etc, they reflect a purple colour? I have all legal copies of the textures and have tried refreshing my addons in the past.

Have you tried verifying the integrity of Garrysmod, subsequent games. And most importantly. Have you mounted the installed games to garrysmod?

Reactions: List

McGregor

Neutrino
Nebulae
Have you tried verifying the integrity of Garrysmod, subsequent games. And most importantly. Have you mounted the installed games to garrysmod?

Indeed, I have. Everything is perfect from a standard viewpoint, after posting i've done it again to make sure, still happening.

Deleted member 5501

B A N N E D
Nebulae
Indeed, I have. Everything is perfect from a standard viewpoint, after posting i've done it again to make sure, still happening.

Can you provide screenshots as to what you're seeing specifically, please? It will help to narrow down the issue and maybe I can go from there with suggestions on a course of action.

McGregor

Neutrino
Nebulae
Can you provide screenshots as to what you're seeing specifically, please? It will help to narrow down the issue and maybe I can go from there with suggestions on a course of action.

Here's an example, this floor is a reflective surface (assuming) and this is what it looks like. It's not a normal texture glitch as you can see.

u5z3H3QWmspu2BB_HjJz86aL5Qm1V-DhaM_tdD81sHw.jpg

Deleted member 5501

B A N N E D
Nebulae
Here's an example, this floor is a reflective surface (assuming) and this is what it looks like. It's not a normal texture glitch as you can see.

u5z3H3QWmspu2BB_HjJz86aL5Qm1V-DhaM_tdD81sHw.jpg

Typing mat_specular 0 into your console tends to temporarily fix this, however, anything that is supposed to be shiny will not be. I'll see what I can dig out to see if I can assist you.

McGregor

Neutrino
Nebulae
Typing mat_specular 0 into your console tends to temporarily fix this, however, anything that is supposed to be shiny will not be. I'll see what I can dig out to see if I can assist you.

I'm just typed the command and it's fixed, i'd appreciate if you would be able to find a more permanent fix. However if this is the best you can do, thank you for your time, I really do appreciate it!

Deleted member 5501

B A N N E D
Nebulae
I'm just typed the command and it's fixed, i'd appreciate if you would be able to find a more permanent fix. However if this is the best you can do, thank you for your time, I really do appreciate it!

Do you have the genuine games on steam or are you just using files from those games, I.E.: CSS, HL2EP1 AND EP2. Properly mounted? As in, what is in the screenshot below.

ytkTXpR.png

McGregor

Neutrino
Nebulae
Do you have the genuine games on steam or are you just using files from those games, I.E.: CSS, HL2EP1 AND EP2. Properly mounted? As in, what is in the screenshot below.

ytkTXpR.png

Yes, they are properly mounted, I checked to make sure.

D

Deleted member 3818

try turning off hdr
[doublepost=1581441875][/doublepost]try turning off hdr

Brandon_

Now in a relationship with Sectus
Nebulae
While I don't have a long term solution to this problem Record 1 then stop in console has solved this issue in the past for me.

D

Deleted member 1381

always happened to me in singleplayer and fixed itself whenever I joined the server, probably some fastDL content you've deleted

Last edited by a moderator:

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Do mat_specular 0 when you're in game!