Pyrrhic Victory | Season 2 finale September 16th - 30th

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
Was fun, the darkness helped stem a lot of issues that roll with s2k
the gradual introduction was nice, although it felt there was too much downtime on the combine side at points
i would recommend getting events proofread ahead-of-time as it seems the most common thing i see is words being repeated a lot or errors in the events being written - all is well, but they could do with cleaning-up and a wider vocabulary

PepicWalrus

Electron
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Was fun, the darkness helped stem a lot of issues that roll with s2k
the gradual introduction was nice, although it felt there was too much downtime on the combine side at points
Some of the downtime was partly because things were getting adjusted on the fly. original plan was once the A.I core was slotted in the sequence of events would play out pretty rapidly. Some things adjusted and the timing got a bit thrown off.
i would recommend getting events proofread ahead-of-time as it seems the most common thing i see is words being repeated a lot or errors in the events being written - all is well, but they could do with cleaning-up and a wider vocabulary

Noted on the feedback here. I do have dyslexia so some things get by, and I'll keep in mind about the repeating words.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
the phallic victory of the cheesy mozzarella stick from mcdonalds
VwK4xRc.png

PepicWalrus

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
As we come near to the finale closer day this Sunday I'd like to once again remind everyone to do the following if they intend to Char Auth items to transfer over. After we conclude Sunday we'll be locking the server so make sure to have everything done ahead of time.

The items should be personal momentos, trophy items, prestige items, unique items, custom suits, or items that may have story relevance be it major or personal.

Make sure you
1. Screen shot the item. (Immediate denial on any items lacking photographic proof of ownership.)
2. Transcribe the item name, and description.
3. Note down any function(s) it may have if any.

A post and announcement will be made when we are ready to accept item auth requests. During this period standard char auths will be put on hold.

Reactions: List

PepicWalrus

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Thank you to everyone who came, apologies if anything was overlooked during the event. Only four of us from the team for this one which I must commend those who came and helped out. @Vaz @Generally Fruity @Antlion. Overall I'm pretty happy with how it went with the resources at hand.

The season 3 opening event post and season 3 changelog will be put out hopefully soon, along with item auths opening up. More in-depth posts to follow. We return October 21st.

The timeline shifts
image.png

This entity will live

Combine saw victory this day. The entity known as Paragotic Prime, to them has taken roost in the decaying Citadel. The structure sprouting flesh like growths over it. Overcharged by a Dark Matter Core the Citadel began to shift dimensions once again, and this time it has taken the entire region with it. Those in the surrounding environs find themselves now stranded on an alien world and now must find their way home. The consequences of this outcome remain to be seen.

image.png

This entity will not

A different outcome had almost came to be, a timeline that's thread has now been cut from the weave. One that saw the Rebels win the day. The Dark Matter Core destroyed, an Advisor lay dead. This would of seen the Citadel ripped apart and chunks flung across different dimensions. The consequences of this outcome leaving a crack in reality and an old alley turning into a greater foe.

HL2RP² Season 2.

Feedback welcome.​

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
A different outcome had almost came to be, a timeline that's thread has now been cut from the weave. One that saw the Rebels win the day. The Dark Matter Core destroyed, an Advisor lay dead. This would have seen the Citadel ripped apart and chunks flung across different dimensions. The consequences of this outcome leaving a crack in reality and an old alley turning into a greater foe.

steins-gate-my-honest-reaction.gif

WstStranger

Proton
Nebulae
Hello there.

Much as some people have said in Discord, mixing S2K and S2RP is a no go. Simply the fact that you attempt a /me to the big boy and it turns out someone could exploit that opportunity with absolutely zero chance to fight back (if you even had that when you know a magdump kills someone fully armored in less than a second) can piss people off. I did suffer that in the end, but whatever, not as awful as blue on blue for somehow looking like I had soldier anims.

However, it was not bad considering the many (not) people you had on board.
My only recommendation is to get more (active) staff.

Anyway, still looking forward to see what will happen despite everything.

Achilles

Neutrino
Nebulae
It was not very friendly to people who have not been playing consistently over the last few days.

Joining the event was a confusing ordeal that left me disappointed when I found out is was so heavily combat focused. Too many of those.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
As it should be, it was the finale to a multi-week event. If you're joining on the last day you can't exactly complain about being confused about what's occurring, can you?
someone said about it on the discord beforehand but it would of been nice to get a summary of what happened yesterday at least

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
It was not very friendly to people who have not been playing consistently over the last few days.

Joining the event was a confusing ordeal
Forgive me if I've confused you with one of the other dozen alt accounts we have out there these days, but didn't you do the exact same thing last map change where you tried to approach the Combine defending their objective and got shot for it?
What exactly made you think it's gonna be different this time? What's with the attempts to establish a relation on the only day of the season where everybody's minds are focused on one thing only?

Pungent

Proton
Nebulae
It was probably the most enjoyable series of events I have been a part of in my time on Neb. Maybe it's the more concentrated numbers, but it felt like pretty much everyone had a story in this iteration and everyone was able to be involved. The final day wasn't the most fun for me since I don't enjoy s2k, but it didn't take away from the overall experience at all. Looking forward to what comes next.