Denied Re-add chess and checkers tables

Joku

Quark
Nebulae
Title, please! I understand they're held in a more "CityRP" regard but they're not only a city sort of thing.
Why it would be worth adding: Fun addition, something to do in PassiveRP and that kinda thing.
Necessary content: (dont know where or how to find the addon ;-;)

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Tyrone

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
am i the only one that notices a server's decline whenever this gets suggested and added?

"i want to play a game within a game"

idk man it's weird but you notice it

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
All I remember is that when they were in the server, they never got used. Like maybe once did I see a person asking to play, and the games didn't last more than five minutes and then never used again.

Revanox

Nucleus
Nebulae
All I remember is that when they were in the server, they never got used. Like maybe once did I see a person asking to play, and the games didn't last more than five minutes and then never used again.
But now its needed more than ever for civies and rebels AND cops that arent out deployed/just want to chill in game with their gaming homies

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
Gonna be clutter, not required, never fosters any character development past five minutes, nobody roleplays or talks as they play it

Tyrone

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Ultra tier chess sweats luring you in to waste 5 minutes of your time

You lost the wager. He owns the wife and kids now. Unlucky!

Joku

Quark
Nebulae
It's not like it'll do any harm if they're on the server, someone'll think about it at some point and wants to do it. Way easier to play with the addon than ICly. Or something, arguments.

PepicWalrus

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
What better passive boardgame RP is there then completely BSing a made up rule system for Combat Mallet.

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
its straight up uncreative filler addon, literally no chardev comes from it because those playing dont talk to each other (most cant talk and concentrate on the game)

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
its straight up uncreative filler addon, literally no chardev comes from it because those playing dont talk to each other (most cant talk and concentrate on the game)
numbers scared he would lose in a game of chess to me (i would win)

boots

spooky skellys
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
me quickly booting up chess.com master AI puzzle solver and beating 107% of the playerbase

Joku

Quark
Nebulae
Most people IRL don't talk during chess if they truly care about beating their opponent, or otherwise (or anyone I know doesn't). I'm one of those people. And typing while playing puts good time to waste, since each game is 10:10, unless that can be changed. Then I imagine there'd be more talking.

WstStranger

Proton
Nebulae
Having some experience in WW3RP doing that sort of stuff, I can say it has potential, but it requires player initiative to make it more meaningful than a time burner. I (Not by my char, because I basically used all of my brainpower) always lost because I ran out of time.

However, I am not able to predict doubling the available time's effect, as I perceive chess being used mostly competitively rather than an RP tool, however, I can put good faith in changing that perception myself (By my new char). And, I see nothing to lose if we add it back.

verTix

Electron
Nebulae
i didnt read anyone else's posts here and im gonna post anyway

if ur gonna add this please DISABLE the chat messages that notify the ENTIRE server when someone wins or loses, and what their fucking Elo change is

imagine having an immersive intense interrogation or a heartfelt moment in RP and suddenly

Maag'Nuzh'Caalsen (3200 + 3) has just beaten ‘Todd’ (900 - 7) in Chess!

Tyrone

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
PK auths because my opponent had vibrating anal beads telling him my next moves (funded by the rothschilds to tank my ELO rating)