Suggestion Re-enable vortigaunt run and gun

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
Suggestion: toggle it back on
Why it would be worth adding: vortigaunts aren't as useful without it and defending the bunker is much more difficult because of it and mostly better suited to just making a citizen to do so with
the same goes for being outside, with the amount of long rifles in play and in people's inventories it's a death sentence to sit still.
Necessary content:
shazam

Reactions: List

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
vort run & gun wouldn't go on by itself without TFA run & gun

after trialing it on/off a few times, curious on people's thoughts on it though, run&gun as a whole

Last edited:

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
curious on people's thoughts on it though, run&gun as a whole
Map dependent. The more CQB the map is, the more I prefer Run and Gun otherwise you cannot push tight corners without being immediately killed. But with large open maps with long sight lines, run and gun is less necessary.

But naturally you run into problems where the map has two sections (such as now) - long open sightlines topside, but a very claustrophobic bunker underground. You cannot have both systems simultaneously so one has to be chosen.

Personally I prefer no run and gun, it forces people to be more tactical as apposed to just running like a headless chicken through corridoors with an MP7, but I also understand why people want Run and Gun (To make certain weapons and playstyles more viable/it's probably more fun for them)

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
As much as I love run and gun my reservation lies with third person and all points I want to make relate to it
I will revive the third person thread tonight

Nathant18

Blue Ball
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Don't like run and gun tbh, just feels a bit wack, I like the slower gun fights without it

Fawful

Neutrino
Nebulae
Idk why people only want run and gun either disabled or enabled

You can always make it so if you run and shoot your spread increases, which solves the long range inbalance issue while fixing the sitting-duck-at-close-range problem

It is also immersive cuz irl you would be less precise if ya ran and shot
Maybe not Phase Two OTAs but ya get the point