Accepted RE; TRANSFER REQUEST (RANDALL DECKER)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxi

maxiboy
Nebulae
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
20/03/2019
SHERIFF A. DONOVAN
[email protected]
TRANSFER REQUEST

WARNING: THIS EMAIL ORIGINATED FROM OUTSIDE OF YOUR ORGANISATION. DO NOT CLICK LINKS YOU DO NOT TRUST.

OFFICE OF THE CHIEF OF POLICE FOR LOS SANTOS

Long time no speak. Hope this finds you well. I have a fine officer, Randall Decker, seeking experience in the city to tie up his career. Deputy Decker is nearing 70, and in his golden years. He has personally requested for a transfer to the Los Santos Police Department, so that his golden years may be spent in a new policing environment. He's got well over 30 years exp. Maybe some stories to tell the grand kids?

Sheriff Donovan
13:04

VIEW OUR PRIVACY POLICY HERE
23/03/2019
OFFICE OF THE CHIEF OF POLICE FOR LOS SANTOS
[email protected]
RE; TRANSFER REQUEST

WARNING: THIS EMAIL ORIGINATED FROM OUTSIDE OF YOUR ORGANISATION. DO NOT CLICK LINKS YOU DO NOT TRUST.

SHERIFF

Good to hear from you. Hope family is doing well. Melinda still ok? Has Johnny finished college yet?

We have a lot of openings in patrol. Mass exodus of officers to NYPD - pay increases. Will be glad to take the deputy on. Send his file over, I'll have his form processed by Friday. Honored that a man of his caliber and experience would want to join - I'm sure he will do well.

Send Mel my love.
15:41
VIEW OUR PRIVACY POLICY HERE

Character name: Randall Decker

Date of birth: 23/01/1960

Briefly describe your character's background: Passed around more than a group of teenager's first bottle of booze; Decker is an example of what a police officer should not be. They're lazy, apathetic and avoid any sort of work possible. Decker's age means he is fairly close to retirement, and thus his only reason for remaining on the force is to collect his sweet, sweet pension. His last force, an obscure sheriff's office, thrusted him into the city so he would stop gurgling on the county's money and claiming a wage for fuck all work. The city could afford it far better. The Decker issue would go away for the local SO.

Decker spends his days avoiding the clock in sheet, and avoiding work. He wants to get out and claim his last check. He's begrudged by his former Sheriff's abandonment of him.

Why do you want to join the LSPD? (IC & OOC): IC'ly, my character has been forced into it. He had passion in his youth, once, but after years of grinding down, the institution he was once proud to serve no longer feels like home. He's gotten to the point where the pension is the only thing keeping him going, and anything beyond that is to be avoided.

OOC'ly, I've done very little RP off of gmod. It'll be nice to move on to something else and more modern. Policing is a main interest of mine, as well as the comparison of British and American policing. I also want to engage in a new RP environment, where I can feel like my character doesn't matter. Of course, whilst my material interest in policing is prevalent in my life, I recognise that Decker is a poor model of a police officer. I do not intend to draw upon him for real world experience, or vice versa. He's just a tool through which I'd like to explore the apathy of someone of his age.

I've also seen very few characters that meet the middle ground of corrupt and die-hard serviceman. I think Decker's a nice bridge. He's not blatantly corrupt, nor does he actively hate his duty. He just doesn't care. He takes the path of least resistance.

What are your character's short-term and long-term goals within the LSPD?: Short-term, they want to survive until their pension. Long-term, I hope that Decker has a realisation of sorts, and perhaps gets reinvigorated in the job he loves. Perhaps he meets a younger individual, deserving of mentorship. Maybe he recognises the injustice prevalent in Los Santos, and wants to help put a stop to it by tackling his own department. Decker can go in any direction. Maybe, he'll just retire on a nice pension, maybe, he'll die, maybe, he'll go to prison for staunch abuse of power.

I must stress that I do not intend for Decker to sit there, occupying a roster slot. He will progress into something more than he is now, that just depends on the environment around him. I do not intend to play an apathetic old man forever, as that would be very boring. It's just a springboard to develop onto new ideas that I can explore.

Do you have experience on any other roleplay servers?: HL2RP and a brief stint on DOJRP 4 or 5 years ago.

What is your time zone?: BST

Do you understand that this role is very strict and not following the rules/protocols will result in your removal: Yes

Reactions: List

Jaydawg

Loves QA testing
Head Staff
Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
Thank you for applying to join the Los Santos Police Department.

We are pleased to welcome you to the LSPD. You will be granted access to the Los Santos Police Department forum where you can familiarize yourself with any important information posted there or simply ask any questions you may have.

Before we start your induction into the LSPD, please provide us with your discord username in this thread and make sure you're in the nebulous discord.

From there, you will receive further details on your induction.

Reactions: List
Status
Not open for further replies.