Denied Remove dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
S: Remove Dispatch
W: Why are we bringing back Dispatch exactly? The Overwatch A.I is destroyed.

And from a gameplay perspective, it's just an archaic tool that's only needed for CityRP, this is meant to be a new flexible server why are we gonna have her breathing down our neck again? Nobody can slip into the base now as well without PREPARE VISUAL DOWNLOAD OF ANTICITIZEN ONE

Can we have have RLs/Ordinals doing the commanding again so we can enjoy our new freedom.

Ron

Developer
Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae

And from a gameplay perspective, it's just an archaic tool that's only needed for CityRP, this is meant to be a new flexible server why are we gonna have her breathing down our neck again? Nobody can slip into the base now as well without PREPARE VISUAL DOWNLOAD OF ANTICITIZEN ONE

Can we have have RLs/Ordinals doing the commanding again so we can enjoy our new freedom.
"Severed from the datafile system and scaled back in terms of decision making, despite retaining the voice of the Overwatch Mainframe she wields none of it's authority, unable to directly order or command units nor threaten misbehaviors in a manner one would expect. Scanners have lost all ability to identify people and faces, calling upon no names or transgressions an individual may carry, only knowing the taglines and rank of the units they operate with."

"Scanners are not allowed to use anything related to the datafile system, whether it be to mark Civilians, Insurgents or other foreign agents. They are to act without any sort of facial recognition capabilities, with their only knowledge of 'identity' being the biosignals of units in their vicinity, for which they only know tagline and rank."

at least read the lore thread first.... they're not breathing down anybody's neck this iteration.

Reactions: List

shad

Nucleus
Nebulae
It’s just scanners..?
MemeFeedBot.gif

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

god I got such a headache already

read the thread, dispatch is dead and scanners are using what shred of it is left to be a talking camera in the earpiece of cops that /ask for them/, following orders from anyone giving them if they're in uniform.

They have zero authority over anyone, have no facial recognition, datafile access or knowledge of what is right or wrong, they're manhacks with a video camera instead of a blade that cops can send out to scan ahead for them as a tactical support asset. They can communicate with one squad at a time and are pretty much locked to them. If this is breathing down necks and a step in the wrong direction for you, I really don't know what you're expecting.

I put a lot of effort into the idea and seeing a backlash over something I made plenty effort to completely avoid already is very frustrating.

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
god I got such a headache already

read the thread, dispatch is dead and scanners are using what shred of it is left to be a talking camera in the earpiece of cops that /ask for them/, following orders from anyone giving them if they're in uniform.

They have zero authority over anyone, have no facial recognition, datafile access or knowledge of what is right or wrong, they're manhacks with a video camera instead of a blade that cops can send out to scan ahead for them as a tactical support asset. They can communicate with one squad at a time and are pretty much locked to them. If this is breathing down necks and a step in the wrong direction for you, I really don't know what you're expecting.

I put a lot of effort into the idea and seeing a backlash over something I made plenty effort to completely avoid already is very frustrating.
There will always be backlash, it's a server of nearly 80+ participating members, just do you x

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
There will always be backlash, it's a server of nearly 80+ participating members, just do you x
smartest perspective right here
we try to accommodate for as much as we can, not limit as much as we can

scanners are cool, they have a gadgety feel to them and remind cops that they're playing in a sci-fi world. besides, it's a synth scanner atm and it aint even breathing down your neck, literally just helping

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
yeah

redundant feature, i spawn in and are flooded with PREPARE VISUAL DOWNLOAD

HEADCRAB SPOTTED

CITIZEN SPOTTED

RANDOM GARBAGE SPOTTED

whats the point in having patrol duty if a scanner player is just gonna point everything out by default, now we're at the mercy of constantly responding to random citizens and crabs wandering around rather than just bumping into them during our duties

cops can send out to scan ahead for them as a tactical support asse
Ok sure

Why are they being used around the base then?

I put a lot of effort into the idea and seeing a backlash over something I made plenty effort to completely avoid already is very frustratin
Shrug.jpg

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
smartest perspective right here
we try to accommodate for as much as we can, not limit as much as we can

scanners are cool, they have a gadgety feel to them and remind cops that they're playing in a sci-fi world. besides, it's a synth scanner atm and it aint even breathing down your neck, literally just helping
plus I just sat on one as a fast zombie it felt LIBERATING

Status
Not open for further replies.