Suggestion Remove Local Supercars

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Seeing Infernuses and the like everywhere and having them so easily stealable is kinda meh. Would be nice if those really nice sports cars were less available than they are now, make them worth something, something to ooooooo at when someone rolls up in one.

Local cars imo should be lower to mid-end cars while the higher-end vehicles you'll only be able to obtain from PDM or some sort higher level car boosting/scrapping stuff.

Reactions: List

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I approve of this suggestion (but actually only change this when I have enough money to buy a supercar so that I can have bragging rights)

gin_

String
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I think they could be fine to keep, if the lockpicking system could take into account the class of vehicle to make sure high end vehicles have better locks, making them harder to steal. Or even tracking systems, that alert police.

Nebulae
I recall in one of the GTA RP servers I played on,
if you stole a high end car, there was a high chance of it having a tracker for the police to track you on, or alert them with a delayed ping

thus stealing high end cars wasnt a big thing, but you could hack it or something, but this required an investment and planning

better than plain supercars without any security

gin_

String
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I recall in one of the GTA RP servers I played on,
if you stole a high end car, there was a high chance of it having a tracker for the police to track you on, or alert them with a delayed ping

thus stealing high end cars wasnt a big thing, but you could hack it or something, but this required an investment and planning

better than plain supercars without any security

I think stealing cars should be a viable hustle, if you have the skills, equipment and ability to evade detection

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Worth noting that we hadn't touched vehicle handling or anything for the playtest, it was default GTA.

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Worth noting that we hadn't touched vehicle handling or anything for the playtest, it was default GTA.
It was refreshing to go on a server and not suffer with a chronic inability to drive because they’ve installed “realism mods” that make cars behave like tranquillised mattresses.

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Worth noting that we hadn't touched vehicle handling or anything for the playtest, it was default GTA
Do you plan on changing the handling for the final release? Or are you going to keep it as it? If you're going to change it, how?

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Do you plan on changing the handling for the final release? Or are you going to keep it as it? If you're going to change it, how?
Yes, we'll likely either remove supercars from NPC spawning or we'll tune them down.

Cars in general might need a small tune down because the faster you go the more likely you are to have NPCs spawning suddenly in front of you.