Resignation & Reflection

Rondal

And whole beasts of nations desire power
Nebulae

Hey friends,

I think this one's been in the pipework, but I've no longer got the stomach to engage with the servers in a way that would do them justice. Realising this, I think it's my time to move on. This is entirely my resignation from all positions - and I probably won't return to them again. It is a shame, and I know this will disappoint some as I've been given a chance to prove myself - and failed.

I've loved playing Nebulous, and Lemonpunch all the same. The servers produced by these creative minds have put some of the most significant influences on my life and taught me a great deal of knowledge about lots of things I use in my life. When I started playing Lemonpunch, it was already a massive community, but I never really felt distant. At a time in my life when I felt incredibly solitary - playing each day, enjoying what the community had to offer, it was all a massive uplift to my loneliness.

As a player early on in WW3RP, I developed a huge affinity for the server's unique setting and premise of which to deploy it. Garry's mod was something I'd never seen the likes of before, considering how young and stupid I was back then. I'd settled for the air force of the globalists, I loved flying and pushed that into my gameplay, having some of the greatest fun with the air cavalry back in one of the most fun times of WW3RP.

Over the course of six or seven years, I continued playing with the server's multiple iterations, including the likes of Frundtech, QZ:RP, Experiment, Stasiland and Half-Life, enjoying each server until its last days. Aside from experiment, in which I was only a player, I was a member of staff at the end of every iteration of every server that Nebulous (and to some extent, Lemonpunch) ever created. I truly cherished the community and still do to this day - everything about it meant everything to me.

I had my flaws - it's fun to own up to them now knowing they're no longer present. I was power hungry in my younger days - all I would want is to move up in the roster, didn't matter where, I just wanted to go up. I don't think I was ever ill-intentioned, I just enjoyed taking on more responsibility because I liked the people in those positions, and wanted to be liked. I also had a knack for taking things way too seriously, I love going back to laugh at my early posts on nebulous, because you can see how young and dumb I was, treating the server like it was my life. I suppose it's a double-edged sword, I loved playing the server so much that I wanted to do whatever I could to protect it from being exactly the way I liked it.

All in all - the community shaped me, I loved it through the years and I owe so much of my time to it. I've keen memories of the old days when I used to rush home from school to get onto the server - with how much I used to adore it so. I'd love to go back to those times - but I've grown up like many others, and I'm working all the time. When I'm not working, I'm out at social gatherings with friends, it feels like I've evolved as a person where I don't need the server anymore, but it'll always hold a special place in my heart.

I'd like to close by giving an appreciation to so many people in the community for giving their time to create the very thing that it is, past and present. It's been such an amazing ride throughout the time I've spent with everyone here. I'd also like to give a massive appreciation to @Roosebud, you are one of the most devoted people I've met in my time with the community. I considered you a mentor figure throughout the time I spent working with you, and thoroughly enjoyed your company. I apologise for leaving things the way I have, and hope all the best for WW3RP, and future iterations that may come in time.

I'll still be around, but with the same limited capacity that I am in now.

Thanks, friends, see you around!

Cuttsy

Proton
Nebulae
You added a lot of value to every iteration of WW3 I played and carried the roleplay in the NVA faction on Stasiland, making it as enjoyable as it could be to be a part of that faction.

All the best for the future šŸ˜€

Reactions: List

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
Thanks for the kind words man! I fondly remember watching you develop yourself as a staff member and person over the course of multiple years and iterations.

Your contributions are much appreciated and I hope to see you around

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
I had my flaws - it's fun to own up to them now knowing they're no longer present. I was power hungry in my younger days - all I would want is to move up in the roster, didn't matter where, I just wanted to go up. I don't think I was ever ill-intentioned, I just enjoyed taking on more responsibility because I liked the people in those positions, and wanted to be liked. I also had a knack for taking things way too seriously, I love going back to laugh at my early posts on nebulous, because you can see how young and dumb I was, treating the server like it was my life. I suppose it's a double-edged sword, I loved playing the server so much that I wanted to do whatever I could to protect it from being exactly the way I liked it.
Much the same for me. I'm glad you picked life, it's better that way. Go forth and claim your future destiny homie.

You are a great staff member and your absence is missed. I have a lot of memories, roleplaying with you, staffing with you, and for the vast majority of it, it has all been a great experience.

I wish you were still around, but every man must make his own decisions in life and burn off what is no longer useful or purposeful for them.