Serious [Review] Art of The Week

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
Hey, back again with more music and criticism.
My week was okay.

BORNNMADE_1-min.png

DISMALENIGMA_2-min.png

Blank_LinkedIn_Company_Cover_1.png
Very nice crisp and clean work here, actually all looks convincingly authentic which I personally always find difficult to replicate. Much like last week, not much wrong here but I also can't give you two wins in a row. Deal with it. Great work.

Very nice and cute lil bit of work here, although I know it probably is a big undertaking to make. To me there's only a couple inconsistency errors but doesn't really take that much out of what's been made. So hear me out, all the colours are really nice and the vignette on the bottom right is good but it makes it look like night time. But then you realise everything has an angular shadow so the sun is up? Or a really bright moon? So yeah, only real quarry here is how the lighting is portrayed. Wonderful stuff though Elan :^).

Hear me out pict, I like you, but this is pretty incoherent. I like the splatter effects going on though and the tears and rips in texture BUT. I could hardly recognise the face of that combine flame thrower and mask it over a tree or bush? I do not understand! There's works for something here just maybe a little hard to actually see and understand.

Now this I like, I like this. Not too many props, not too many details, but enough to kind make a convincing scene of a back alley shoot out that got a little messed up. My only quarrel is the CP that seems to have been impaled on an object with a round tip... jeez. Nice stuff though - excellent lighting as usual.

This is very pretty, and a great transfer from the reference piece. I haven't really used blender before but this does look like a great effort. Wonderful lighting as well but the ONLY nit picky gripe is the change of colour or shade on the wing. Great work though. And I hope to see more Blender action soon.

Funnee meem. Nice editing work I suppose. Great angles as well.

Nice lil portrait. Nice lil lighting test. For a media dev team lead anyways :^).

It's not all about winning. But if I had to, @Anleus gets it.
grf0fcr.png

giphy.gif

Something something, hope my criticism was useful.
Message me if you need any help with artwork or something.
Good luck with next submissions.​

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
EA45182B5420691D7EA9B3DCFD8BD05193EFBC6C

4444202C58864D4655024F414AA203F92D04DE9D
[doublepost=1565065102][/doublepost]The photoshop of this isn't what I envisioned in my head

Reactions: List

Piggo

Electron
Nebulae
Images aren't loading for me, I think you're gonna have to upload them somewhere else

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
Slow week huh? We'll let it roll over this time and I'll pick a winner next week if we get some more competition going.
My week was okay, but not feeling too good.
Here's another song.

This is pretty neato, woulda been cool to see the lighting be a bit harsher though. Like a more evil red because lets face it this dude doesn't look like the guardian angel type. All about conveying some emotion and context with everything possible from props to lighting, but the subtlety of it all here conveys enough I admit. Super creative and wacky to have that bird on the chain though haha, really sells it like some kinda borderland character to me imo. Nice work!!!!!!!

I haven't got much to add to this besides it's a well made print of paper and a convincing looking document for something, seriously nothing wrong with this to me so great work once again. I tried to look at those pics but yeah totally not loading right on that other forum.

giphy.gif

Good luck with the next submissions, I'll be here all week if you need me.
Can't really do much until nato apps are open anyways.
HMU if you need any help.

I took this pic with a pentax p30n camera on 15 year old expired film I think its p good

Elan

Proton
Nebulae
Pj4IERN.jpg

Tried out blender this time as cloth simulations seemed to be pretty straight forward on there and ended up making a castle. Forgot to make sure the lighting on the castle matched that of the background so the sky looks a bit dodgy.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Pj4IERN.jpg

Tried out blender this time as cloth simulations seemed to be pretty straight forward on there and ended up making a castle. Forgot to make sure the lighting on the castle matched that of the background so the sky looks a bit dodgy.

how the fuck does a cloth test become "ACCIDENTALLY MAKING A CASTLE"

Anleus

Proton
Nebulae
Pj4IERN.jpg

Another blender dude hi o/
To make sure that things have correct lighting to the background, set the background image as an environment texture to the world node editor
Requires that the world texture u use is a .hdr or any sorta 360 degree texture like .exr too
If you already did that then sometimes the lighting is shit anyway - then use the math node and set it to multiply and it sometimes fixes lighting
idk, Blenderguru on youtube taught me all this