Serious [Review] Art of The Week

Viper

Neutrino
Nebulae
Idk why you guys wait for my dumb opinion each week anyways, I do like seeing all your artwork though

because this is the only place where actual criticism is being given. yeah it's nice getting compliments on how well you did something but I like criticism far more than "wow looks good awesome gmaing man". I also just love this community and seeing what you guys make.

I don't think anyone is here to win, I think we all here like to just share our stuff with likeminded people and get good criticism at the same time.

with that said, I love you gamers and keep on posting art.

Reactions: List

TwistedSilicon

Magic Citrus Fruit Man
Nebulae
jpxT9rH.png

85be0yv.jpg

OeNGaEf.jpg
Putting some stuff up for review. I've mainly been improving with help from @MaXenzie so far and it's been going along well over the last week or two. I've been creating and refining and eventually eneded up with these posters. Not completely sure what I did that makes them just look that bit better, I have some thoughts about depth and spacing but I'm not quire sure... in the end I think asking other people is probably the easiest way to find out: so, critique away!​

D

Deleted member 5162

gNXDctY.png

"Alright! This is gonna be great, let's start rendering..."
ANeU0XC.png

WHYYYYY, HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO MEEEE SOUUURCE???

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
I wonder if there are any apartment prop addons on the workshop cuz I would loooove to use them on gm_black

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
latest
F0D701BD7B6EB54A93B41679C0C7002F4A6EF5C2

06B49FA791B0276CC9898D1570CF2E5AF4005201

I wanted the lighting and editing to look like Dark Forces 2 with the saturation and such
1678_5.png

7iz1puemg0f51.jpg

Last edited:

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
AOTW 13 of 52, 2021
-
Another great piece here man, what I think works best here is the amount of detail. Like the most minute things that people may not really pick up on such as the amount of debris scattered, the helmet, the smoke in the distance is easy to be missed by some ppl (but I know the struggle). MY favourite detail being the motion blur on the mechanisms of the canon. Or the house to the right behind the tree. While I enjoy the wide angle aspect I think there could have been a more intense image if you used a tighter lens. Either way, superb!

Good use of filter and masking here. I do think that the filtering takes away some of the definition, making particular parts look over exposed (really bright) like the barricade just behind the guy looks insanely bright for whatever reason. And it's a shame to not see more edges on the uniform. The edges on the image that have been chipped away are super cool, I especially like the film-burn kinda thing on the top left. For some general feedback; when using filters intensely, try to leave something you made behind otherwise it just kinda gets deep fried. Coooooooool

Some great pictures you posted but this one here is my favourite so Imma focus on it. The skybox is perfect and the lighting you've gone with compliments it really well, especially how the rocks further back are more de-saturated and have a kind of haze about them like sea-spray or something. adds some really good atmosphere. It's a shame that the most complex pose of the picture gets lost in the rock via camouflage but I think that's one of the best parts. The wide angle works good here, you get a real effect from the environment with not too much to focus on besides the guys on the left. I personally woulda tried filling that right side with something though? Maybe a boat in the distance or smn. COOOOOOL​

A lot of emotions in this picture. Not entirely sure what to make of it. Dead zombie? Cool, guy with a gun and clipping model (small detail I know), kinda cool - gun looks big. Dude sat at the chair is probably my favourite part of the image which I think shoulda been focused on a bit more. Has the most character out of everything in the image with his shady lighting and slouched posture. So yeah key thing is to consolidate what the emotion and scene of the image is. This is a compliecated and explosive kinda thing you've made. Cool

Helluva action-like posture, and the lighting works super good in the black background version although the red is a little stylistic. I much prefer the version with the background but the lighting is tooooootally messed up. LIke bright blue skies but the walls are so dark such. Would've focused more on like a solid sunlight kinda thing and then lightly highlight the model with a green that matches the saber. So yeah: portrait hella cool, full scene coulda used some more thoughtful lighting perhaps
-

Overall feedback:
Think about ya angles and how tight your frames are for images. Consolidate themes and narratives, find your focus points and work around them (if applicable). Be careful not to sacrifice too much of your images for filters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like @TwistedSilicon 's picture this week
85be0yv.jpg

-

Nice subs, ttyl

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
the lighting is tooooootally messed up
yeah the background version was kind of an afterthought with me only doing it so the lightsaber hilt could be seen better. Also I literally just noticed while writing this, but the fire that I put there didn’t show up in the render

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
ehhh.png

i don't really like this but feedback innit
shadows are a bit janky if you zoom in directly in front of the vehicle, models look too high quality for a low quality build, no use of fog makes it lack atmosphere, as in the background is just too visible

posing is good, just needs some work is all

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
ehhh.png

i don't really like this but feedback innit
the only part i dont like about the pose itself
Pb4GKwm.png

men dying and shooting rpg

A43qwf0.png

man having a fag and another cancelling jschlatt on twitter
all in the same frame

also no visible cast shadows, since you're using the props for a background building you might as well have some depth of field as well to simulate the focus away from one less detailed scene being the background to the forefront entirely

in fact i reckon the pose looks better without the top part if you crop it down
cL1gW9k.jpg

Last edited: