Rimworld - A strategic colony survival game

Yugo ☪

SAND SLAV
Nebulae
Since the most recent update, they have introduced tutorials to the game which I think is a great opportunity to share this to others.

Rimworld is a game about where you start with a custom amount of men and women that are stranded on another "earth-like" planet, trying to survive the rough or smooth conditions (Depending what part of the planet you'll land on)

Check out the trailer:

I've been playing this game almost since the very first release and gotta say that it has come a far way. And with the recent updates, I dont neither think that their progress will stop.
They've added countless things like regions, weather, seasons, relations & families, animals and many more little details that add alot of detail to such a game.

It has a great story developement as not every of your games/colonies will suceed. Check out the video below :grinning:

I would highly suggest that you'll atleast check this game out as it can keep you busy throughout a boring, rainy weekend.

I also got some free downloads left, just give me a message and I'll share them with you.

*UPDATE: Alot of people asked me about a steam key, but unfortunately I dont have one. I only got download links that I received from ludeon studios for the most recent version of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Inspector Bandito

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Since the most recent update, they have introduced tutorials to the game which I think is a great opportunity to share this to others.

Rimworld is a game about where you start with a custom amount of men and women that are stranded on another "earth-like" planet, trying to survive the rough or smooth conditions (Depending what part of the planet you'll land on)

Check out the trailer:

I've been playing this game almost since the very first release and gotta say that it has come a far way. And with the recent updates, I dont neither think that their progress will stop.
They've added countless things like regions, weather, seasons, relations & families, animals and many more little details that add alot of detail to such a game.

It has a great story developement as not every of your games/colonies will suceed. Check out the video below :grinning:

I would highly suggest that you'll atleast check this game out as it can keep you busy throughout a boring, rainy weekend.

I also got some free keys left, just give me a message and I'll share them with you.

yes gimme pls.

LSDegenerate

Snugglesium
Nebulae

Check out the trailer:

I also got some free keys left, just give me a message and I'll share them with you.

Key pl0x b0ss. I'll return the kindness with sexual favours and ever lasting friendship.

Modernglib

fat immigrant
Nebulae
if only my colonies looked anywhere near as organised as the initial bit there

i usually fall to shit at around 4 people because of infections + lack of raids/recruitment

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae

Check out the trailer:

I also got some free downloads left, just give me a message and I'll share them with you.

*UPDATE: Alot of people asked me about a steam key, but unfortunately I dont have one. I only got download links that I received from ludeon studios for the most recent version of the game.

Could give it a try, got a spare download link too?

Yugo ☪

SAND SLAV
Nebulae
if only my colonies looked anywhere near as organised as the initial bit there

i usually fall to shit at around 4 people because of infections + lack of raids/recruitment

Oh, haha! It's pretty hard in the beginning. I had the same problems in the beginning and the raiders kidnapped or decapitated my people :(
Try splitting up your colonists to perform different tasks and start off slow, still make sure you're able to defend yourself.
Also, start in a mountainous area that got a good climate and make sure you start in spring or summer. (And they easier to defend)

Could give it a try, got a spare download link too?
Sure, sent it. Enjoy the game! :)

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
WELL.

This game is great.

I started off as a lone explorer female lass with massive researching skills and not much else.

In a few days, some fat guy with amazing construction, mining and woodcutting skills shows up. He ends up building a sizeable house and cutting down mountains within a few days.

We eventually come across a woman that was being chased by a raider, we accept her in to our home.

The raider comes, she's fucking pissed. My lass shoots her down with her rifle, puts her into shock. I'm a nice guy, so I took her in as a prisoner.

Literally 1 day later the girl we rescued dies of illness.

Fat guy eventually died from fighting off several raiders on his own with only a club. He killed them all, just bled out afterwards.

Eventually I convince the prisoner lady to join my now 2 woman group.

Fucking hell.

Modernglib

fat immigrant
Nebulae
Oh, haha! It's pretty hard in the beginning. I had the same problems in the beginning and the raiders kidnapped or decapitated my people :(
Try splitting up your colonists to perform different tasks and start off slow, still make sure you're able to defend yourself.
Also, start in a mountainous area that got a good climate and make sure you start in spring or summer. (And they easier to defend)

Sure, sent it. Enjoy the game! :grinning:

i've been playing since a6 or 7

which is why it's sad

Essence

Proton
Nebulae
Had the game since Alpha, it's certainly fun. Especially with Randy Random. You just have to love it when eight beavers go mad inside your courtyard while raiders are motoring your colony from the edge of the map, just /barely/ able to get everyone out of that situation alive on a no-pause run with three people capable of fighting and four other people complete pacifists. Even then, you'd only have two SMG's and one pistol against people with LMG's and Assault Rifles.

Good times. :wink:

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
This reminds me of Dwarf Fortress except with less detail and more guns.

Hit me up with a download link if you still got one, please. :)

Modernglib

fat immigrant
Nebulae
rest in peace the main :heyzeus: teddy
first one to go in my new colony

qvjLonx.jpg

edit : wtf another colonist died like 2 seconds after god dammit

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Make your medical/surgery room in a separate area, also use sterile floors, lowers the chance of infection.

Those white unfinished tiles in the surgical room are gonna be sterile floors, it's just that I can't find the fucking resources to build it.

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
I love this game, next to Gmod it's the game I spent the most time on. I currently have a colony of about 6 people on an ice sheet biome, they're only just surviving with synthetic soil and food - one of them called Stars keeps going on mental rampages because we ran out of booze so we have to shoot him up and hope we don't accidentally kill him before he collapses of blood loss. All in all, a fun game.

I'd compare it to a dumbed down Dwarf Fortress - with a better GUI. Certainly makes it more accessible to the casual player than Dwarf is.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'd compare it to a dumbed down Dwarf Fortress - with a better GUI. Certainly makes it more accessible to the casual player than Dwarf is.

I'd say it was more like Prison Architect, but survival.

Literally the exact same art style.

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
I'd say it was more like Prison Architect, but survival.

Literally the exact same art style.
Graphical wise it's identical to PA - but mechanic wise, very much so Dwarf Fortress.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Graphical wise it's identical to PA - but mechanic wise, very much so Dwarf Fortress.

I never played that, so I'll just say it's also similar to fucking Sims.

I had this guy called Rodgers, and literally every 30 minutes he'd start a fire rampage and do pathetic amounts of damage. He'd run outside in the rain and start lighting grass on fire, only for it to be immediately put out. I got my tankiest, burliest fucker with a club to beat him into submission and put him in the med bay each time.