Riot's new cinematic

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
The game is not good, according to you. LoL and Riot have done the worst marketing ever, literally only started supporting content creators (at all) in 2018, never put much funding into advertising etc etc and are the biggest game

Riot games literally mismanaged their golden egg, they never needed to do fuck all to bring players, and tbh people who think it's doomsday because a 10 year old game went from 100million monthly users to 90 million monthly users is dying are insane.

No it's definitely not dying. But the game isn't good. It's average. It's the basic standard for the genre. They may have had bad marketing but as of late they have pretty good stuff (you even told me this yourself, the fact they're doing impressive shit for their events and so on).

Riot mismanaged their golden egg, true, but it doesn't matter. The game was there, there was a boom and many will keep playing it. Growth of the game has decreased? Maybe, it's only natural. Will it die? I don't think so at all.

Does this have anything to do at all with the fact the code is goddamn spaghetti and there's outdated stuff that has just been patched over? Not really.

it's easy to deal with the problem of having broken champions as you can simply ban them during champion select

That takes the opportunity for players to ban the characters that are properly balanced but would give them an advantage. The game system shouldn't be there to solve the issues with the game itself. The ban system is supposed to give you an advantage, not give you the option to ban broken characters or face defeat.

also i meant more as the game is popular and played, not the fallout 76 sense of popular where everyone hates it

I know what you meant - But it still doesn't mean it's a super great game. It's not bad-really-bad because otherwise it wouldn't have such a humongous playerbase, but it's something I wouldn't want to work with in terms of development in a million years.

which bring more into the hype

This is advertisement friend.

the cinematic is literally marked as the opening of season 9 and by this day, i'm pretty sure most people know that LoL doesn't look like anything shown in these videos

It doesn't matter, video is cool and makes you go "oh well now that season is starting I might as well try the game"

That's how it works, pretty much

Nobody spends the money necessary for these things without expecting something in return.

Voilá

ˣ
Nebulae

most relatable video to why I barely play league of legends, but only watch their cinematic
No it's definitely not dying
I guess it isn't dying generally, it's more of a "long-term" players leaving the game because of this and that, it's recruiting more new people according to some statistics I found

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
I guess it isn't dying generally, it's more of a "long-term" players leaving the game because of this and that, it's recruiting more new people according to some statistics I found

Yeah but that's just the natural course of things, people come and go.

Kerim

Proton
Nebulae
league syndrome
noun [leek sindhroam]
when a person introduces impressive feat/content/advertisement a game developer did and the conversation is immediately stirred into a debate if said game is bad for reasons other than the content shown in the beginning
ex: -hey look at this new cinematic!
-wow yeah that's cool but x is a dead game bud
-oh boy the league syndrome strikes again

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae

i agree with some parts of this video, but imo most of these issues come from the playerbase rather than the game

reason why i rarely play solo and mostly with friends, muting everyone else

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
league syndrome
noun [leek sindhroam]
when a person introduces impressive feat/content/advertisement a game developer did and the conversation is immediately stirred into a debate if said game is bad for reasons other than the content shown in the beginning
ex: -hey look at this new cinematic!
-wow yeah that's cool but x is a dead game bud
-oh boy the league syndrome strikes again

Are you the Urban Dictionary

Kerim

Proton
Nebulae
Are you the Urban Dictionary
i prefer fuckboy

also ot so that it's not just shitposting: i enjoy the game for what it is, the competitive scene is amazing and the content is only starting to pick up on pace from independent creators to full-blown riot operations (comic deals w/ marvel, a LOT of sponsorships, actually starting to ship the game outside of the neckbeard community to name a few) so hey i think the game's gonna have a lot of good years ahead of itself

from a gameplay perspective i think it's atm in the best meta it's ever been in because you can experiment with anything and it has the possibility to work. sure there's meta picks but they aren't as op individually

and the fanbase, yeah, is a bunch of sweaty cunts, but you can /mute all and not go on reddit and you're golden and free to enjoy the non-vocal majority

Reactions: List

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
from a gameplay perspective i think it's atm in the best meta it's ever been in because you can experiment with anything and it has the possibility to work. sure there's meta picks but they aren't as op individually
as an adc main i must strongly disagree with this

Kerim

Proton
Nebulae
as an adc main i must strongly disagree with this
just pink ward the champs that are stronger than you at every point in the game since the game doesn't go on for long enough to allow you to play the game stupid
adc's are getting a buff next patch tho so hey

Angel

Nebulae
just pink ward the champs that are stronger than you at every point in the game since the game doesn't go on for long enough to allow you to play the game stupid
adc's are getting a buff next patch tho so hey
pretty sure the 'buff' will actually make it even worse
from what i saw from dudes crunching the numbers

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae

jungle gon get fucked with the new patch tho

Kerim

Proton
Nebulae
pretty sure the 'buff' will actually make it even worse
from what i saw from dudes crunching the numbers
i think that the crit changes will give them more urgency early game but won't put them into the godlike op bot status that they were before either, we'll have to see. they're still viable but are now more of an option rather than a must-have
jungle gon get fucked with the new patch tho
i'm not surprised honestly, given that it's been a 1v1 instead of a 5v5 the entirety of preseason when it came to the impact of junglers

Angel

Nebulae
fuck junglers
they should be like supports back in season 3

dog champs, dog players.
youre not a carry, just the bitch

adc needs to go beast mode again because it actually requires skill unlike fucking malphite and maokai when you one shot everything with mad cc with 0 skill

mid laners OP as well, roam every smh

Kerim

Proton
Nebulae
adc needs to go beast mode again because it actually requires skill

rightclick1-300x260.jpg

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
fuck junglers
they should be like supports back in season 3

dog champs, dog players.
youre not a carry, just the bitch

adc needs to go beast mode again because it actually requires skill unlike fucking malphite and maokai when you one shot everything with mad cc with 0 skill

mid laners OP as well, roam every smh

champions like draven, kai'sa and vayne are still broken af tho

i gotta agree about mid laners tho, it's so annoying when your mid laner loses to katarina for example and she starts roaming and tower diving every lane

Reactions: List

Angel

Nebulae
champions like draven, kai'sa and vayne are still broken af tho
2 of those are actually hard to play tho

unlike fucking irelia with 50 dashes 1 shot adc