Suggestion RNG house robbery 'complications'

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Robbings houses down in grove street is actually pretty safe, which comes as a surprise to me.
I've done them on one character pretty consistently, part of it is of course down to one house layout of a smaller size, and codes/ alarms being fairly quick to find. so I was wanted to pitch for now some potential rng complications to house robbery, just to keep folks from getting too complacant, and make it a bit more fun.

There is a small set of RNG complications I wanted to propose.

Complication: Resident present
NPC resident is present in the house, either chilling on the sofa or in bed, placement makes it possible to sneak around them but may obstruct certain spots from being looted to prevent causing alarm.
This is grove street, so it's likely an armed gangster too.

Complication: Resident returns
After a set time looting, the resident may come back home and enter the property, catching you by surprise. ideal if they can go to one of the navigable placements mentioned in the previous version, try to hide and hope for the best, or kick their ass and wrap up quickly.

Complication: Half decent memory
No note left out in the open to read, or code is scribbled out on the paper present. Forces that night's break-in to be time limited to the alarm box, grab what you can and get out, or let the alarm hit and trust you can drive well enough.

-

also might be fun to have some positive RNG events there, there are two in mind, one should probably only be active at a time, and if possible, come alongisde a complication.

Opportunity: No alarm
It's an impoverished area after all, perhaps the house you break into has no alarm, or it's broken. no need to spend the first few seconds of a break-in trying to find the code.

Opportunity: Safe
Small safe you can bust with a safe cracker (providing you have one), takes a good bit of extra time, but as long as the alarm is sorted and there's nobody around, you may be able to crack the safe for a decent chunk of change. will certainly be awkward if the resident returns home during an attempt, or someone catches on.

-

Light bit of spitballing, largely just want to make house break-ins more interesting.
I've no clue on the scope of modding tools for FiveM, so I've not got a good idea on the complexity of the task.

Reactions: List

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
The stuff with NPCs has been suggested before and it's something we've def considered, iirc there's some complications with the idea from a technical standpoint

Would be cool to potentially see some other RNG factors tho

Reactions: List

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I mean IIRC the alarms go off anyway given an amount of time and I know from experience from trying to record stuff that if a grove street member actually spots you breaking into a house, they process it as if you're breaking into a car, and will shoot you, so I suppose if you wanted to make it more difficult maybe remove the note and add it as something you only find by searching, and add a bunch of dud search locations that contain trash or something so that you've gotta search the house properly for the code and if you don't find it in time the alarm will go off anyway.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I mean IIRC the alarms go off anyway given an amount of time and I know from experience from trying to record stuff that if a grove street member actually spots you breaking into a house, they process it as if you're breaking into a car, and will shoot you, so I suppose if you wanted to make it more difficult maybe remove the note and add it as something you only find by searching, and add a bunch of dud search locations that contain trash or something so that you've gotta search the house properly for the code and if you don't find it in time the alarm will go off anyway.
I've been able to search an entire house, with the alarm only triggering when I would intentionally do an action with the known risk or I accidentally fucked up significantly and sprinted/walked for too long.