Serious Scary/Paranormal Things that have happened to you

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
I get deja vu plenty of times, and I always feel like an idiot afterwards for some reason.
Besides that, the spookiest things I've experienced consciously are cold breezes on my arm when no windows or doors are open. One time I got a sleep paralysis and it made a nearby bed perpendicular to the window look like a black figure was sitting on it with a lantern on its lap. Once I properly woke up, I saw it was just a shadow cast through the window with light spot in its center. Probably one of the more "serene" sleep paralysises (paralysi?) one can have - even if I was scared at the time.

In terms of nightmares, the truly horrifying ones are those where I try to speak or scream, but can only squeak roughly and straining like I was being choked - without the sense of being strangulated, though.

Reactions: List

Freelok

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I was fucking around in the woods at around 11:00 PM or something back in October. This is a small bit of woods right next to an old asylum here in Philadelphia, which is known for having been extremely brutal while it ran. Most of it's demolished but there's still one building that remains abandoned and it's used as a haven for junkies and things of the sort. Anyways, we were on the outskirts of the woods (on the inside is a place where teens usually host kegs, underage drinking bonanzas) and were contemplating whether or not to go in.

Note that it's extremely dark and these parts of the woods are host to a lot of illegal hunting and drug addicts running around. I had a headlamp as our phone flashlights were too weak to really do much for us. It died while we were walking over but I still tried to restart it, and as we were standing on the outside the trail into the woods my friend said something like "I'll go in if the light comes back on". Right as he said this it came back on full brightness, and this thing was fucking BRIGHT. It scared the shit out of us so we bounced pretty quick. We were pretty sus the entire night as there were a lot more animals coming out of the woods then normal, and there was a lot of really weird shapes and noises coming from within the woods. To get a better understanding of the area, the woods grew around an old road for the asylum. Lots of people think the area around it is haunted, so we probably got trolled by some dead psychos from the 70's.

FieldersNL

heck
Nebulae
I'm still experiencing quite alot of deja vu moments, mostly I dream of some scenes that could happen in real life and then at someday, the same scene is correctly set as my dreams, it really gives me the chills and confusion.

There were also dreams of somethings I never seen before like just recently when I dreamt of an unknown insect flying around my house doing strange stuff and the next morning when I checked the news, it had an article of a new insect that was found, I was so confused.

And there were those moments when I am in a deep sleep or still have to fall asleep, a random sound of something is about to come up but exactly one second before the sound occurs, I get like a short imagination that perfectly fits the upcoming sound, that wakes me up.

Shock

Electron
Nebulae
May time last year in my university halls kitchen.
It's around 3am and I'm making coffee with my friend cause we were both up late doing our assignments. The kitchen was sort of rectangular in shape with a counter (work surface), starting at the opposite side of the room and around to the kitchen door. We're stood closer to the kitchen door because that's where the coffee machine was and all of a sudden this plastic beaker flew off the opposite end of the counter.
It didn't fall or anything because it was standing up right and neither of us were close enough to have knocked it.

We'd already had spooky things go on in the halls; doors being hammered on during the night or times when only one person was in, waking up to see people sat on the end of your bed. It's not really surprising given that over 150 people were killed on the grounds during a bombing raid in WW2.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Sometimes I think people are calling me, but that's not a ghost probably me going crazy or something. Other then that nothing really, the only scary is what the unknown, so the mind tries to get things that we associate, meaning bodies or persons so that's how we get more scared. Thank you brain.