sennheiser superiority thread

Megafreak

shit medic
Nebulae
*M40X
The M50 has horrible highs that bleed out your ears, or so I've heard. With the 40s you get the same deal, without that issue and for cheaper.
you heard wrong

They're completely fine - m40s have a more dampened sound

Megafreak

shit medic
Nebulae
Could be a personal preference thing then. Have you compared them personally to other pairs or?
I can tell you my ears don't bleed from highs and the audio is completely balanced

And yeah compared to other headsets/headphones around the same price and up to about £200 it outperforms or matches them imo

but tbh im not about to drop £500+ on a headset for a marginal improvement like i dropped 700 on a guitar

doesnt matter too much after a point imo

Shadow Flex

Nucleus
Nebulae
I can tell you my ears don't bleed from highs and the audio is completely balanced

And yeah compared to other headsets/headphones around the same price and up to about £200 it outperforms or matches them imo

but tbh im not about to drop £500+ on a headset for a marginal improvement like i dropped 700 on a guitar

doesnt matter too much after a point imo
Though you need to understand that it outperform others for a specific genre selection and music taste that happens to coincide yours. I currently own two pairs in that price point and they both beat the M50X for what they are designed for. Headphones aren't black and white.
audio is completely balanced
AudioTechnica_ATHM50_Graph_FRCompare.jpg
That's not what balanced looks like. They are rather colored in sound. The M50s are notorious for having a V shape sound signature, aka boosted bass and highs; subdued mid range.

Megafreak

shit medic
Nebulae
Though you need to understand that it outperform others for a specific genre selection and music taste that happens to coincide yours. I currently own two pairs in that price point and they both beat the M50X for what they are designed for. Headphones aren't black and white.

AudioTechnica_ATHM50_Graph_FRCompare.jpg
That's not what balanced looks like. They are rather colored in sound. The M50s are notorious for having a V shape sound signature, aka boosted bass and highs; subdued mid range.
I listen to literally everything because I don't have preferences or a personality

sure it makes a difference if you're producing or actually that bothered but it really doesn't make that big of a difference for casual listening

For £100 they are a better choice than having some extra mids for £100-300 more

not to mention mine are going strong for 2-3 years with 0 problems