• Total voters

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
what happens when water is heated up

Hosterss

Electron
Nebulae
Does not matter what you spilled on it or what you did to make it dry. Its all about how fast you where able to turn it off after the incident.

Shock

Electron
Nebulae
Update
I saved it!
Just have to reconnect the keyboard and it's all green.

Redhunter

On and Off UP Lead
B A N N E D
Nebulae
It'll survive if you add more water.

97.6% of scientists agree that adding water to water damage on electronics will remove the damaged water by coating it with more damage.

Reactions: List

Redhunter

On and Off UP Lead
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Is this supposed to be a joke?
No it's testing how gullible he is, the fact that you questioned what it was tells me you have failed this test.

But don't worry 97.6% of scientists agree that if you question a shitpost after questioning a shitpost your reputation damage for questioning the shitpost will be removed.

Shock

Electron
Nebulae
How long did you let it sit on the radiator?
Bout an hour. I got it to restart and all but some of the keys wouldn't work and then boom I got lines across the screen so I shut it off.

Hosterss

Electron
Nebulae
Bout an hour. I got it to restart and all but some of the keys wouldn't work and then boom I got lines across the screen so I shut it off.
Yeah, i would have let it stay for a couple of days. Depending on the ammount of water and the supply of rice I would have buried it in rice. So screen got fucked and you turned it off? Sure that its compleatly broke?

carabiniere

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
You can spill as much water as you want, the thing is you have to make sure everything is off and the water does not short the circuits. Make sure it's dry and boot it back up. Some brands also place a sort of "paper spies", basically once water gets in, these papers change colors, so for example they can void your warranty

Hosterss

Electron
Nebulae
You can spill as much water as you want, the thing is you have to make sure everything is off and the water does not short the circuits. Make sure it's dry and boot it back up. Some brands also place a sort of "paper spies", basically once water gets in, these papers change colors, so for example they can void your warranty
Yeah, this is what I was talking about before. You have to be able to turn off the power before the water manages to redirect the current.

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
putting it into an airring cupboard is a good idea to let the water air out, it worked for a while with my phone after it airred up complete, just be careful because when it happened with my phone it worked for about 2 more months except id have to jump start it to run and i couldnt turn the screen off or it wouldnt turn back on until i jumped again but eventually it went kaput with the entire internal memory becoming corrupted due to excessive crashes from the phone fucking up too much
basically be careful where the water goes as it will fuck everything eventually
i would also say try rice but buying a 1kg bag of rice to fit a laptop that had a cup of water spilled over its a bit ridiculous

Shock

Electron
Nebulae
It's in a bag of rice in the airing cupboard.
I haven't spike water on it before so I was pretty lost