[SERIOUS] Turkey martial law

Status
Not open for further replies.

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
There's a reason the US pressured EU into accepting Turkey (but failed).
Turkey is the most Western-like thing we have in that region, key to fighting Terrorism and other malignant things.
It's geo-location is very important, and the Military are more allied with the West as opposed to Erdogan.
soooo why are we denouncing the coup? just cuz its the "right" thing to do?

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
soooo why are we denouncing the coup? just cuz its the "right" thing to do?
Yes.
Political leaders around the world can't say that an attack on democracy is good, which is what is happening.

Otherwise this would be really clear-cut for the public, but it isn't.
On one hand it's a 'good thing' but it's also an assault on values we hold key in the Western society, although it's quite common for us to play under the table and throw those values away when it's useful to us.

EG: South America

Reactions: List

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
Yes.
Political leaders around the world can't say that an attack on democracy is good, which is what is happening.

Otherwise this would be really clear-cut for the public, but it isn't.
On one hand it's a 'good thing' but it's also an assault on values we hold key in the Western society, although it's quite common for us to play under the table and throw those values away when it's useful to us.

EG: South America
k thanks for the info

stay safe all turkey guys

JohnLugo

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
yeah.

can someone explain to me why there is a coup? what do the military oppose? i read something about restoring secularism, and some ambiguities about erdogan (or however you say his name), but i took that w/ a grain of salt.
there was a constitution that was written to keep turkey a secular and an actually democratic country. erdugan used his fanatic muslim idiot shills to get into power and to revoke the constitution. the military which is secular took matters into hands and started a coup to protect turkey from itself.

There's a reason the US pressured EU into accepting Turkey (but failed).
Turkey is the most Western-like thing we have in that region, key to fighting Terrorism and other malignant things.
It's geo-location is very important, and the Military are more allied with the West as opposed to Erdogan.
if turkey is the most western what are we

Angel

Nebulae
no I'm having facetime with my gf because she's scared and I need to support her through this

she lives very close to where all the action happened so she saw some bad things
aight just making sure

betazero9

f(x) = ax2+bx+c
Nebulae
ok so, as someone turkish and someone has watched all the things happened, i can say that it's most likely planned by Erdogan, just to create a reason to switch over to presidental system that he has always desired; but at the same time, the fact that there are still planes flying over us and soldiers attacking police forces makes me think, we can end up with a civil war. people killed soldiers, soldiers killed people. it's all bullshit now. even myself doesn't have any idea what we should do. soldiers planned the coup stated there is a martial law but the government says its ok to go outside. i will probably post if anything important occurs.

oh, a mosque just got bombed.

Weeknder

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
This was the worst coup ever done in turkey but it isnt over

York

Electron
Nebulae
So this has probably already been answered but I can't find a straight answer to this question anywhere on google and I just don't know, is the military sect in charge of the coup secular or islamic?

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
well things seem to be winding down and coup is dying out

however, considering the Turkish parliament got bombed from the air, by the military, i don't think this renegade branch will give up that easily. tbh, whoever is in charge of this, will definitely be executed or locked up for rest of their life.
so their future depends on this.

military wants to be secular afaik @York
and the corrupt president wants to be islam

Raijiin

Electron
Nebulae
well things seem to be winding down and coup is dying out

however, considering the Turkish parliament got bombed from the air, by the military, i don't think this renegade branch will give up that easily. tbh, whoever is in charge of this, will definitely be executed or locked up for rest of their life.
so their future depends on this.

military wants to be secular afaik @York
and the corrupt president wants to be islam

I'd say causing chaos is the biggest way for them to keep the coup going, at least, for a short while

Angel

Nebulae
So this has probably already been answered but I can't find a straight answer to this question anywhere on google and I just don't know, is the military sect in charge of the coup secular or islamic?
Secular

Status
Not open for further replies.