server dead?

Mads

Proton
Nebulae
The server can easily hit 30+ people if there’s a reason to.

Mostly what it boils down to (at least myself included), is why would you want to join the server if 10 people are online? What if you’re a cop main and noone is on cop?

When there’s 20 on, there’s usually enough on both sides for great interactions.

More wide-scale events could boost the server pop., but staff are people too, and the gmod & nebulous players are getting older, making it harder to find time to play. Some things are just more important, and with gmod being an old-ass game, not a lot of new players are comming. It way past its glory days.

TLDR; people are old

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
It gets 10+ players on late weekday evenings UK time. Weird, I know, but weekends are by and large dead for the server. It's usually either 10+ rebels flagged up with no Combine around - unless Combine gets an event, in which case there's 10+ and no rebels around.

Nebulae
very depressing considering it used to have like >60 players daily
pretty sure it had a 120 player slot limit once

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
tenor.png

Reactions: List

Candle

buzz buzz
Nebulae
i've been out due to map issues, and i know at least 2-3 others are having similar problems, so that may be a contributor

WstStranger

Proton
Nebulae
I am barely on to at times to advance some interesting arc for some friends' characters. Otherwise I really have no personal reason to be on, especially if the map disallows me from anything else than mere dialogue.

May be kinda sad to see those numbers, but nothing I can do to it (nor want anymore to after a few things, but eh).

rob

Nebulae
very depressing considering it used to have like >60 players daily
pretty sure it had a 120 player slot limit once
HL2RP is a challenging genre, but there’s still 1 popular server like this and it’s Willard.
is this server still going?
averaging like less than 10 players per day
Some issues have affected the server’s player count, but we used to average more per day.

Last edited:
Nebulae
To me it feels like a full stories been told and then some at this point, the setting's been milked for every little bit it can. Maybe it's due for a new setting, a new story?

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i’m on holiday all week and obviously people don’t want to play when i’m not on because i’m really super cool

Laura

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
Even though the server averages around 10-18 people per day.
The people who've been on the past week have enjoyed the RP and story the map has to offer.

Not to say I'm content with providing only for a dozen rebel players, I'm working with the cop lead to get them re-engaged with the map. Possibly providing even more things to do. Now that that the biggest issue that seemed to be FPS drops has been solved.
Unfortunately we are unable to do anything to help fix the few people who have had game breaking issues.
And I think that has also soured some peoples moods to get on the server.

Regardless, I got hope for the current map. A lot of work has and is being put into it to create good experiences for roleplay. And I'm doing what I can to support what the players want to do. I think the people who've been most engaged with the map can agree.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
our-time-has-passed-no-time-rdr-red-dead-redemption-dutch-vander-linde-gif-18455095.gif

we will never have 30+ people on consistently again

it just isn’t going to happen in this day and age

just make the most of what you can with this amount of people

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
just do @everyone in rebel discord for shooting and spawn MP7s, easy player count

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
I have opinions. The state of the server today has been the culmination of years of decay. I personally think it was the inability to easily 'change' things and a severe lack of development work that led us here. It is what it is though, no reason to fight it now.

Osira

Neutrino
Nebulae
i think it's just in general what other people have said, nebulous isn't the only server struggling keep in mind - most hl2rps average 5-10 now on a good day, or everything else is whitelisted/gated off. the reasons have been said here before and in other threads but for most people it's just a time consuming hobby and as you get older you have less time and stuff.