Shadow Hearts - Ad Prius (NEBULOUS REBOOT)

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Shadow Hearts - Ad Prius

'Harmonixers... A foul plague on us all.'

The year is 1900. You are a passenger aboard the Trans-Siberian Express. Somewhere between Beijing and Guangzhou, the train is suddenly derailed, for reasons currently unknown to yourself. You appear to be, along with the rest of the people around you, a small group of strangers, the only survivors. Your current objective is to make it to Guangzhou, but the creatures of the dark won't make that easy...

Hi guys, I'm not sure if anyone'd be interested in some mostly passive ForumRP, based around the cult-classic game Shadow Hearts (2001). It's an old favourite of mine, mostly fantasy, but very dark and gloomy. If you're not a fan of magic, monsters and all that bullshit, this won't be for you, but hey, this is just to see if anyone would be interested. There will be combat, and the entire experience will be turn-based. The experience will be slow-paced and each player will have 24 hours to respond until their turn is skipped. If your turn is skipped, you obtain a strike. Three strikes, and your character will be written out of the story in one way or another. I may also consider, if the desire is there, doing this via a livechat I will set up.

The story will revolve around a small party of either three, five, or seven, depending on the amount of interested people, and it has the potential for small groups to branch off, as this will be done via PM. In general, I just want to know if people would be interested. The whole system will be class based, and as such, you will apply for a particular class, which specializes in a specific type of combat. Look up the game itself if you want to see the specific abilities each kind of character and such would have, or I can explain them. The classes will be briefly explained below.

• Harmonixer - Dark Type, Weakness to Light - A competent fist-fighter with otherworldly abilities, including the ability to utilise 'fusion', in which the character's soul is bound to that of a particular monster, transforming him, changing his type and abilities. Weapon Type/s: Fists, Gloves, Claws - Special Ability: Quickened Regeneration

• Roman Catholic Priest - Light Type, Weakness to Dark - A character with little competence in combat, however, this character is invaluable. The only character capable of healing others via holy magic, as well as cleansing the party of malice. Weapon Type/s: Holy Books - Special Ability: Purge Malice

• Oracle - Fire Type, Weakness to Water - This character is highly competent in both martial arts, wielding their staves with deadly proficiency, as well as elemental magics, capable of doing extreme damage to opponents; however, due to a lifetime of devotion to unique forms of worship, little practical knowledge has been obtained. Weapon Type/s: Staves - Special Ability: Clairvoyance

• Espionage Agent - Water Type, Weakness to Earth - The espionage agent is a unique character. One of only two party members to be armed with a firearm, the Espionage Agent is capable of dealing damage from range, as well as using explosives to their advantage. They are also incredibly resourceful, but their lack of resistance to magics can cause an issue to the party throughout the campaign. Weapon Type/s: Pistols, Grenades - Special Ability: Espionage

• War Veteran - Earth Type, Weakness to Fire - The war veteran is a talented soldier, currently on leave from the Chinese Military. His skill with a musket and blunderbuss is unparalleled, but his intelligence is lacking, as is his general charisma. He is a force to be reckoned with, but that is his only attribute. Weapon Type/s: Muskets, Blunderbusses - Special Ability: Veteran's Respect

• Vampire - Air Type, Weakness to Air Type - The vampire is a biologically immortal individual, having already lived for several hundred years. Having his blood tainted with that of vampires, he is capable of exhibiting extreme speed and strength, as well as changing form to that of a bat. His age has given him proficiency with a sword, too, as well as tremendous knowledge. This character is extremely powerful, but is weak to an incredibly common type. Weapon Type/s: Swords - Special Ability: Extreme Speed/Strength
Once again, guys, I'm not sure if anyone's up for this, and I'll be creating applications if people would be up for this. Like I said, it'll be primarily passive, and if you're interested, please leave a comment and answer the strawpolls below.

http://www.strawpoll.me/10765699

Thanks a lot guys.

Now Accepting Character Pre-Applications
These do not necessarily mean the RP will occur. This is to secure a character if your app is accepted, and to do your application early. PM your application to me privately. Take into account, if accepted, you will be expected to create a decent-length character biography.
Character Name (Ensure it makes sense for the 1900s):
Character Age (16 - 45):
Character Class: Harmonixer
Character Ethnicity (Any Country of Origin):
Brief Backstory (300 Words):
Starting Weapon: Leather Gloves
Passive RP Example (100 Words):

Character Age (25 - 65):
Character Class: Roman Catholic Priest
Character Ethnicity (Any European Country):
Starting Weapon: Holy Bible

Character Age (35 - 75):
Character Class: Oracle
Character Ethnicity (Any Asian Country):
Starting Weapon: Ashen Stave

Character Age (21 - 45):
Character Class: Espionage Agent
Character Ethnicity (Any European Country):
Starting Weapon: Borchardt C-93 (w/ 8-Round Box Magazine)

Character Age (28 - 45):
Character Class: War Veteran
Character Ethnicity: Chinese
Starting Weapon (Musket or Blunderbuss):

Character Name (Ensure it makes sense for the 1300s-1700s):
Character Age (200 - 600):
Character Class: Vampire
Character Ethnicity (Any Country):
Starting Weapon: Rapier

*If you are curious about character applications or archetypes, ask below.*

Last edited:
Reactions: List

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
This is awesome.

I'd participate but I'm not good with keeping track of things like the turn system you mentioned.

I dunno, I might still join at some point.

Also, first! (Surprisingly.)

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This is awesome.

I'd participate but I'm not good with keeping track of things like the turn system you mentioned.

I dunno, I might still join at some point.
It'd either be turn-based or livechat that's constantly up.

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
if i apply for roman catholic priest can i rp being a pedo
this isn't really for memes mate

it's a closed, quiet rp for people genuinely interested

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
@MaXenzie did something like this

was pretty terrible
that was a D&D style campaign

this is just straight up rp

like i say, this is to gauge interest

if you're not interested you don't have to be here

i'm not aiming for 40 players here, i'm aiming for like 8

Rolyat

Medical Roleplay Extraordinare
Nebulae
Fuck me, where do I sign up? PM? Here? (I'm a fucking idiot) The priest and Veteran seem interesting. You said that the Vet lacks charisma, what does his respect ability do then?

Last edited:

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Fuck me, where do I sign up? PM? Here? The priest and Veteran seem interesting. You said that the Vet lacks charisma, what does his respect ability do then?
They, despite their lack of communicatory skills, are given benefits by certain traders and people, out of pure respect. It's a very jack-of-all-trades class.

Rolyat

Nebulae
They, despite their lack of communicatory skills, are given benefits by certain traders and people, out of pure respect. It's a very jack-of-all-trades class.
Ahh alright. I get you, thanks for the speedy response.

Mangiyko

Vortigaunt Faction Lead.
Nebulae
100% interested. Kinda almost like pseudo-Dungeon World. I'll throw you an application when I get a sec

Edit: Also need to do some research into the universe aaaah

Rolyat

Nebulae
War Veteran - Earth Type, Weakness to Fire - The war veteran is a talented soldier, currently on leave from the Chinese Military. His skill with a musket and blunderbuss is unparalleled, but his intelligence is lacking, as is his general charisma. He is a force to be reckoned with, but that is his only attribute. Weapon Type/s: Muskets, Blunderbusses - Special Ability: Veteran's Respect

Weapon Type/s: Muskets, Blunderbusses

This is such a minor nitpick, well actually, it isn't. The difference between a Muzzle loader and a breach loader is absolutely massive. The chambering time is about a minute if your are quick for a muzzle-loader and a few seconds for a breach loading bolt-action. Keep in mind, I never actually played the game, I just watched like the first 30 minutes of the game to make sure I didn't make a complete ass of myself. However, I would like to make it known that the Imperial Army of China used the Hanyang 88 (Basically a ripoff of the Gewehr 88) for their main battle rifle during this time. In the opening scene of the game, the Chinese soldiers appear to be using some form of Bolt-action style common of the time, and not a Musket.

If you chose this for a balancing reason or some other reason please let me know so that I am not making a ruckus over nothing.

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This is such a minor nitpick, well actually, it isn't. The difference between a Muzzle loader and a breach loader is absolutely massive. The chambering time is about a minute if your are quick for a muzzle-loader and a few seconds for a breach loading bolt-action. Keep in mind, I never actually played the game, I just watched like the first 30 minutes of the game to make sure I didn't make a complete ass of myself. However, I would like to make it known that the Imperial Army of China used the Hanyang 88 (Basically a ripoff of the Gewehr 88) for their main battle rifle during this time. In the opening scene of the game, the Chinese soldiers appear to be using some form of Bolt-action style common of the time, and not a Musket.

If you chose this for a balancing reason or some other reason please let me know so that I am not making a ruckus over nothing.
The class is 'War Veteran'; not soldier. They have outdated weapons because they're no longer fighting in the war. Their time has passed.

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Two applications have now been received. If interested, and you want to reserve a slot, apply ASAP.

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Two applications have now been received. If interested, and you want to reserve a slot, apply ASAP.
Three have now been received. All are of reasonable quality.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Are you gonna be railroading us through this or is it open?