Nebulae
70886986_10157346240846826_8703979489970880512_n.jpg

people who start threads on current affairs
gotta say the trials and tribulations of a deep thinker aren't what I expected

Reactions: List

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
I know this is just memes but it's got me thinking about how weird it is when people have to own up to stuff like this after like 20 years. I feel like I'm a new person from the guy I was three years, can't imagine who I'll be in 20, not to mention how trends and opinions change over the course of those years, no one found anything inherently racist back then, and since he didn't see anything wrong with it back then either, his intent was obviously not to offend.
[doublepost=1568972540][/doublepost]I feel like maybe I am turning into a boomer, much like my friend @Rabid who is going to be fourty-two next year

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
I know this is just memes but it's got me thinking about how weird it is when people have to own up to stuff like this after like 20 years. I feel like I'm a new person from the guy I was three years, can't imagine who I'll be in 20, not to mention how trends and opinions change over the course of those years, no one found anything inherently racist back then, and since he didn't see anything wrong with it back then either, his intent was obviously not to offend.
[doublepost=1568972540][/doublepost]I feel like maybe I am turning into a boomer, much like my friend @Rabid who is going to be fourty-two next year
idk bro
blackface has been pretty yikes for a few years

that said, we had little britain and come fly with me doing blackface for comedy as late as 2010

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
idk bro

that said, we had little britain and come fly with me doing blackface for comedy as late as 2010
same team behind both of those for the most part if I am not mistaken?

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
idk bro

isn't blackface just where you got the rosy lips to accentuate 'hehe black people got big lips looool' parody

he just painted his face brown, which is tasteless... pretty fucking insensitive since he's a moral pillar of human compassion apparently... but i don't think by definition it was a blackface, i guess that's just kind of a little fucked issue cause it's fucked by shitty people who used it to demean and not 'laugh with' another group of people

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
idk bro
i don't think this specific instance falls under the mocking criteria though, he's not overdoing it with the lips and the whole charade he just dressed up as aladdin, while it may be insensitive it's just a costume to fit the theme it's not like theres an agenda behind it. Even though I wouldn't do it personally and it's pretty irresponsible, I don't think it's a big deal.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
i don't think this specific instance falls under the mocking criteria though, he's not overdoing it with the lips and the whole charade he just dressed up as aladdin, while it may be insensitive it's just a costume to fit the theme it's not like theres an agenda behind it. Even though I wouldn't do it personally and it's pretty irresponsible, I don't think it's a big deal.

yeah like, i wouldn't run for politics whilst doing this shit i agree

literally anyone else it'd be mostly funny whilst others who completely dislike this stuff would hate him for it, etc if they even know who the guy was.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
hey guys ill be stuck on a train for the next 2.5 hours

got any non-trudeau memes?