Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
what do you guys think resembles a wolf more

agree for a german shepard or disagree for a siberian husky

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 1048

I want to introduce you all to five year old Truus.
a8biQDv.jpg

p85lIKu.jpg

7TnY4t0.jpg

ldqkC9C.jpg

9JMa97m.jpg

cqOBJ3a.jpg

ttBYfGZ.jpg
I took her in after the owner couldn't take care of her anymore, she's a cutie however the cats aren't taking too kindly to a new member of the family, in due time they'll be best buddies.
She's a clingy and protective dog, keeps following me around and I feel like we're already bonding.

shia

the freakster
Nebulae
Bojangles the ankle biter
hjdjZvh.jpg

T4CXFwR.jpg

hes like 14 or so rn, picture is from when he got a haircut, usually has a mustache sorta thing

Though it's practically just now happened, I feel the need to share as a way of venting. I'll include it in a spoiler so you don't have to read it if you don't want to.
Bojangles has recently passed due to being euthanized, it was done due to his practically non existant quality of life. In his older years, he eventually went completely blind in both eyes due to Diabetes. He couldn't even hold his food and would thus vomit anytime he had a slightly large amount of food, nor could he hold in his urine. I'd rather not end the story about my very first dog like that, so a positive note would be nicer. Bojangles practically grown up with me. He lived a incredibly long life as well, nearing if not at 15 years. I don't really even have much more to share and I'm sorry if I bummed you out, but I just wanted to share his passing.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
Though it's practically just now happened, I feel the need to share as a way of venting. I'll include it in a spoiler so you don't have to read it if you don't want to.
Bojangles has recently passed due to being euthanized, it was done due to his practically non existant quality of life. In his older years, he eventually went completely blind in both eyes due to Diabetes. He couldn't even hold his food and would thus vomit anytime he had a slightly large amount of food, nor could he hold in his urine. I'd rather not end the story about my very first dog like that, so a positive note would be nicer. Bojangles practically grown up with me. He lived a incredibly long life as well, nearing if not at 15 years. I don't really even have much more to share and I'm sorry if I bummed you out, but I just wanted to share his passing.
Felt the same thing you're feeling nearly two years ago dude.

p2AT36W.jpg

This little bugger was around the same age, blind, arthritis in his back legs, stage 4 tooth infection (entire jaw was infected, essentially) and the Vet reckons there was probably even more underlying problems.

The thing to remember is that for a dog to live that long; they had to be remarkably well looked after, in more ways than you realize too. For them to cope with their pain, they'd need a lot of care to compensate for it; for them to cope with the fact they can't see, they'd need to trust everyone around them because in that stage of blindness they literally have no way of knowing who's around them, outside of noises and smell.

For Bojangles to live as long as he did, he must have been looked after to a very high standard. Should be proud, mate - really.

My condolences and all, nonetheless - and don't feel like you're out of place for sharing the story, both you and him deserve the recognition.

Reactions: List