Sony cockblocks mods for Bethesda

Ayrism

Electron
Nebulae
Sony denied mods, confirmed in a statement released by Bethesda.

“After months of discussion with Sony, we regret to say that while we have long been ready to offer mod support on PlayStation 4, Sony has informed us they will not approve user mods the way they should work: where users can do anything they want for either Fallout 4 or Skyrim Special Edition.

“Like you, we are disappointed by Sony’s decision given the considerable time and effort we have put into this project, and the amount of time our fans have waited for mod support to arrive.

“We consider this an important initiative and we hope to find other ways user mods can be available for our PlayStation audience. However, until Sony will allow us to offer proper mod support for PS4, that content for Fallout 4 and Skyrim on PlayStation 4 will not be available.”

Sony's kinda screwing itself. Discuss.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
"Come now Sony, you know that isn't what you really want to do."
1427995704118.png

Reactions: List

Ayrism

Electron
Nebulae
"Come now Sony, you know that isn't what you really want to do."
1427995704118.png
did I mention their stock has been dropping throughout the day

even their shareholders dislike it.

edit: drop comes to over 2% as of 3PM CST

Ayrism

Electron
Nebulae
Maybe the fact they have Kojima under their wing is getting to their heads.
even Kojima can't recoup potential losses, especially in a first-Independant-studio-game scenario.

I for one know that I am taking my Bethesda business to PC, along with anything else I want to fathom modding.

Maybe SOE's free to play shit has bled the control freak mindset to the rest of the company...

Ayrism

Electron
Nebulae
Still no response. Maybe they fired Melinda in PR for suggesting no mods to get them in the headlines again.

Weeknder

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Sony isnt fucking themselfs lol they make enough cash even if people decide not to buy bethesda games. Plus sony will never be as shit as microsoft. I work at an electronics store and playstation and xbox sales are like 10 playstations for every xbox. Sony will always be dominating.

Ayrism

Electron
Nebulae
snip
[doublepost=1473482792][/doublepost]
Sony isnt fucking themselfs lol they make enough cash even if people decide not to buy bethesda games. Plus sony will never be as shit as microsoft. I work at an electronics store and playstation and xbox sales are like 10 playstations for every xbox. Sony will always be dominating.
They aren't fucking in that sense--they're purposely giving their competitor an advantage over them. It could be a deciding factor over holiday console purchases, I won't be surprised if PS4 sales are outran by Xbox just because of the Skyrim and FO4 mod supports.

I, personally, am transitioning to PC for many games, console being games the PC I use can't run, or games
I wanna okay with friends, etc.

Sony's stock even declined two percent in the last 24 hours, since this news broke. Seems some shareholders are unhappy.

Reactions: List
Nebulae
It's not fucking fair!!!!

All I've been waiting for is settlement mods, Is that too much to ask for?!?!??!

I bought it on launch and have been waiting for mods ever since!!!!

i9vxbWS.jpg

Brb burning my Playstation

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
people actually care about that shitty game?