Speedrunning is awesome, and here's why

Husky

Nebulae

A really good video on why speedrunning is awesome, if you have any thoughts on it I'd love to hear them.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I'm a fan of speedruns, it's fun to see how many tricks and shit people can come up with when trying to finish a game quickly. I quite like the tool assisted ones as well

HL1's world record speedrun is the most impressive and interesting one in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 6062

-snip-

Last edited by a moderator:

Husky

Nebulae

This guy is great to watch if you love dishonoured speedruns btw.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Dishonored speedruns make me feel shit after I see them, tooks me 10 minutes to plan and do something cool then I see the guy doing that in 5 seconds like a badass

Jaf

Thanks, I hate it
Nebulae
"But why" is still my default reaction to any speedrun, feels kind of crazy to me that someone would replay the same thing over and over, skip all story and gameplay just to beat a timer - just feels to me that they're missing the point. I guess I'm kinda like the guy at a pie throwing contest who stands there thinking 'what a waste of pie'. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
HL2's speedrun is basically like "AND NOW WE RUN AT 400MPH TO JUMP OVER HALF THE MAP" its fucking great.

"But why" is still my default reaction to any speedrun, feels kind of crazy to me that someone would replay the same thing over and over, skip all story and gameplay just to beat a timer - just feels to me that they're missing the point. I guess I'm kinda like the guy at a pie throwing contest who stands there thinking 'what a waste of pie'. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
Most people speedrun the games they're super passionate about and know like the backs of their hands, honestly. Its just a way to mix stuff up.

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i fucking hate hbomber and want to beat the shit out of him

(in minecraft)

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
His dark souls 2 video was so autistic, Mauler absolutely destroyed him

i remember when hbomberguy told a rape victim to his face that he hadn't been raped

HBG_Paperlion_4.png

Reactions: List

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i have a feeling husky's only linking hbomberguy videos because hbomberguy is an ancom and he wants people to watch his other videos btw

just saying

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
I'm a fan of speedruns, it's fun to see how many tricks and shit people can come up with when trying to finish a game quickly. I quite like the tool assisted ones as well

HL1's world record speedrun is the most impressive and interesting one in my opinion.

I don't know how they do it.

this speedrun is quite new but it's so trippy and you can hardly realise what is going on.

as for speedrunning itself, i really do find it enjoyable and i loved watching some of GDQ before it became a cringe compilation
also spikevegeta is GDQ's saving grace, and i love rwhitegoose's videos

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

this speedrun is quite new but it's so trippy and you can hardly realise what is going on.

as for speedrunning itself, i really do find it enjoyable and i loved watching some of GDQ before it became a cringe compilation
also spikevegeta is GDQ's saving grace, and i love rwhitegoose's videos

Seat sniffer and hairman are my favorite highlights of GDQ personally