SSD Performance

• Thread starter Deleted member 332
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 332

Y'right lads, another update/ question about the new PC I'm splashing my cash on.

Has an SSD reduced load times significantly for you? As in booting Gmod and (more importantly) connecting to the server? If so, how much of a difference has this made?

I'm gonna be using the drive along with a 4tb WD HDD, as the DAW files I'm working with for my music course are ridiculously huge.

I'm looking towards the 970 Evo 500gb.

Cheers boyos

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Y'right lads, another update/ question about the new PC I'm splashing my cash on.

Has an SSD reduced load times significantly for you? As in booting Gmod and (more importantly) connecting to the server? If so, how much of a difference has this made?

I'm gonna be using the drive along with a 4tb WD HDD, as the DAW files I'm working with for my music course are ridiculously huge.

Cheers boyos
Yeah it has improved performance a ton for me for the stuff i installed on it

My boot time to desktop got reduced by 90%, and the games I have on my SSD load up significantly quicker.

Reactions: List

viomi

just another slut don't mind me
Nebulae

Cheers boyos
Getting an SSD will drastically improve your load times. If you have anywhere near a decent computer nowadays, I can guarantee the bottleneck is your SSD. Games that try to load stuff in the middle of playing will perform better, you'll get less stutters as well.

Reactions: List