Star Wars Mega Film Thread

Spock

Shows up every other month to read ban appeals
Nebulae
I frankly am not the biggest fan of the JJ movies, and before you all say ‘G-Gee Spack it’s because you’re a trekker and inherently biased!’ I’d like to make my points.

Firstly it’s probably in part due to the fact I’ve just found all of JJ Abram’s movies thoroughly underwhelming. After all, this mentality is mostly due to the fact that the movies of his I’ve seen have been moderately well written copies of a prior movie of the franchise. For example, Star Trek into Darkness was a mediocre copy of Star Trek II: The Wrath If Khan. However, JJ does get props for some form of originality in the movie, as he takes the time to significantly alter the plot, if the concept is not original.

However, Star Wars The Force Awakens gets no such excuse in my opinion. It’s frankly just taking all the plot aspects of A New Hope and tweaking them just enough so it passes as a new movie. After all, looking at how the primary issue of the movie is the Star Killer, and the First Order destroying the Remnants of the New Republic. At first glance, this seems original. However, the Star Killer is merely a third Death Star, the First Order which somehow has managed to annihilate the New Republic simply the Galactic Empire. And then it begins with an old man picking up a guy/girl who has no knowledge of the force, taking them and proceeding to die at the hands of the prime antagonist, who is coincidentally related to said man, by a paternal bond, not unlike a prime protagonist and prime antagonist of the original trilogy. Then there is BB-8, the R2-D2 of the old series, even carrying something that the First Order/Empire yearns for desperately. Then there are things that should never happen, such as Rey being able to use the force quite well, with absolutely zero training, when to be able to use it in the old canon, it took people years, even their whole life to become proficient at using the force. And frankly, Rey is a Mary Sue.

There is more I could go into, such as how they had them traveling down a trench to destroy the Star Killer, but I’ll leave it there.

Rogue one was well made in my opinion, but one must take into account that it’s not in the First Order timeline or what have you.

I haven’t watched the Last Jedi, but I frankly do not believe it will be that good.

Reactions: List

Mullin

Proton
Nebulae
I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and I don't hate any of the movies. I think they all contain their good parts, and none of them are terrible movies. I have really liked what Disney have done; focusing more on the other aspects then just light-saber duels over and over again and I am really looking forward to the new movies which are coming out; Obi-Wan's movie and Han Solo's. The prequels ruled in my opinion; I like all of them, and Phantom Menace was one of my all-time favorite moves, mainly because of the fight-scene! However, Episode Three will always be number one for me; one of the only movies I can watch over and over again. I do like the originals, they all really speak a different story and have some amazing acting, however, if any of them were released today; and I don't mean the crappy originally edited one, I mean edited like nower-days, they would have plenty of poor reviews; but like I said, I like them all. Here is my order.

1 [Favorite] - 9 [Least Favorited]

9. Force Awakens
8. Attack of the Clones
7. Empire Strikes Back
6. Rogue One
5. Return of the Jedi
4. Last Jedi
3. Phantom Menance
2. New Hope
1. Revenge of the Sith

Mullin

Proton
Nebulae
:thinking:

Like I said; I never hated any of the movies, they all were brilliant. And Empire Strikes Back was fuckin' amazing, even if it is seventh. It's just I enjoyed watching Last Jedi some more.
[doublepost=1516050853][/doublepost]
will kill SW

star wars wouldnt work as a 'constant' trilogy sort of thing, it needs to be every few decades carrying on the plot or whatever

No, no. It would work, we would see what we have read in comics on the big screen; I will personally enjoy it, I hope it's the Old Republic but may just be guessing.

Reactions: List

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
hear me the fuck out kylo and rey are going to be romantic partners at some point

it's a very common plot point in movies aimed at kids and teens

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
hear me the fuck out kylo and rey are going to be romantic partners at some point

it's a very common plot point in movies aimed at kids and teens
sad emo boy dates rebellious mary sue

Mullin

Proton
Nebulae
The problem with Last Jedi is that it was aimed for the younger audience. This is what Disney do with all their movie using techniques such as romance, comedy and other teenage and children techniques seen in movies. With the prequels and Originals, it was a lot more serious; Last Jedi had it's serious parts, yes, but the prequels and Originals definitely are my favorite by far compared to the 'sequels' that are coming out. Disney can save them self if they make this Han Solo and Obi Wan movie good and correct.

Spock

Shows up every other month to read ban appeals
Nebulae
How about we all agree Jew Jew Assbraps is a shitty director.

Then we can debate on all the other stuff.