Serious State of Decay: An Autopsy of the Half-Life 2 City RP Setting in Garry's Mod

kenkade4

Proton
Nebulae
Funnily enough this was accidentally posted prematurely, but all I had left to write was a closing statement.

I'm confident enough in my theorum to defend it and answer questions, so if you have them I highly encourage you to forward them in this thread. I have the experience and hours to consider myself eminently qualified to post this in the first place, after all.

While I'm not optimistic enough to believe that all my propositions will inspire the new iteration's curators, I am hoping that it will at least do so in part.

@Rabid @Nov @Northgate @Señor Jaggles @Numbers @Appetite Ruining Kebab @Blackquill (tagging the few of you I know I've talked about this to in the past or I feel they may find this interesting to read)

been playing since I was 11. I have autism, so it helped out with communication skills a lot (roleplaying)
Made me socialize more lol. I would dream about hl2 setting, so this game is is also really dear to me in my childhood, and still even as I am an adult and working.
I agree with what you have said here, all of it.

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
been playing since I was 11. I have autism, so it helped out with communication skills a lot (roleplaying)
Made me socialize more lol. I would dream about hl2 setting, so this game is is also really dear to me in my childhood, and still even as I am an adult and working.
I agree with what you have said here, all of it.

Been meaning to reply because I relate to this a lot, just been so distracted lately between life and ADHD scatterbraining me across several projects/threads/stories/etc.

I had a very similar upbringing as someone whose parents hid/denied the fact that they were autistic my entire life up until I found out myself at around 18 years old. Roleplaying sharpened my social and communicative skills and honestly raised me from adolescence into adulthood far more than any parent or single person ever did. There are of course pros and cons to that (which I still reckon with from time to time), but I have kept my head above the water.

I'm glad that you were able to hone your ability to communicate with others through this hobby. I think that's one of its greatest boons.

Reactions: List