1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serious Stellaris - Conquering the Galaxy with Nebulous

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Chicken, May 14, 2017.

1. Chicken

Chicken Nihilanth
    HL2 RP Operator

Nebulae:
    Hey friends.
    I like the game Stellaris, but it gets stale when playing singleplayer campaigns.
    I also haven't had any decent large-scale multiplayer campaigns that seemed enjoyable.
    Playing with 1 or 2 friends also results in a 'singleplayer' campaign where you almost always automatically have a forced ally / enemy.

Soooo...
    Here I am, trying to make something myself for once.

I am looking for people who are willing to play Stellaris for a few hours per session, so if you decide to join, make sure you have time to spare. (Of course, something could always come inbetween, that's not a biggie.) I have both the Leviathans and the Utopia DLC, which I will be able to share as a host, these are not required. Time zones are considered, so I'd make these sessions in the late evening for the Europeans, so Americans should be able to join.

Here are these simple but important rules for the campaign:​
    • No human empire. Make an empire using alien appearances.​
    • No Sol starting system. That'll allow Sol to spawn in the galaxy as a neutral system, which will be later up for grabs, including the (hopefully) primitive human species located on Earth.​
    • We'll likely play on 'normal' speed. Yes, it'll be very slow paced, but it'll allow everyone to micromanage in relative peace without having to constantly pause the game for everybody. You'll get used to the speed, and it'll allow you to do other stuff outside of the game if you are good at multitasking, like messaging, texting, etc. We will pause the game if somebody has to go AFK really quick.​
    • Stay true to your species' morals and ethics you created. This includes diplomacy, etc. We are a roleplay community, so it shouldn't be hard. I personally like to play Stellaris as an immersive experience, not as a competitive game. You can roleplay if you're into that, but all I just want from you is to not act completely 'out of character'.​

I might create a discord server with multiple channels and roles, for federations, 'open comms', etc. It'll allow federations to speak to their federation members, but also speak to others if truely needed. Absolutely despise xeno scum? Want them to stay out of your stuff? Don't join any channel. I'll experiment with the use of discord, but it might deem fun.​

ROSTER
    'Order of Tir Batna' - @Chicken
    'Federated Merchant Guilds of Drakea' - @Vortigangster
    'Antropof Technocracy' - @Dr.Towers
    'Koriik Dynasty' - @Shrek
    'Xe'thran Commune' - @Sir Goatson
    'Fourth Reich' - @mpower
    'Council of Raouls' - @Raouldukejnr
    'Administration of Zirma' - @Skull Trumpet
    'Grand Clom Council' - @TEA
    'Estwani Trading Conglomerate' - @A_cRaZeD_hObO™
    'Andradei Confederacy' - @Theplahunter *Spitfire
    'Ethir Hive' - @rudlah

#1 Chicken, May 14, 2017
    Last edited: May 21, 2017
    • nebulous nebulous x 8
  2. Chicken

Chicken Nihilanth
    HL2 RP Operator

Nebulae:
    hey idiots

we're restarting a few days after when synthetic dawn releases, so join us if interested xxx

same rules apply
    we'll also use the same discord from the previous campaign that ended up in a boring materialist vs spiritualist cold war, so anyone who already participated is assumed to be in, no matter what empire - also I am too lazy to update the roster
    taking bets on how many machine empires will be played

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  3. Vortigangster

Vortigangster Proton

Nebulae:
    nyes

Empire is Solus Mando'ade, although you just said that you were too lazy to update your roster so eh

(btw I seriously hope there won't be 5+ machine empires)

4. Sir Goatson

Sir Goatson Apparently UC lead
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    y o m y d u d e s
    post your empire name here if you're in still, I'll make a new roster
    might not be on page one but at least it is one for those interested

5. Shrek

Shrek Swampmaster Extraordinaire
    Premium Member

Nebulae:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"Twelve cycles since Arbitor ka Linné assembled the final senatorial conclave to form the Astrum, we are now finally in a position where we can start to feel the true sustenance of the stars on the edge of our stems.

The Collective Directorate have chosen the new Imperator after five cycles of deliberate discussion and debate.

Imperator ka Luméx, may you plant the seeds of prosperity as we zealously reach out into the expanse - constellatio nostri."

[​IMG]

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  6. Sir Goatson

Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I'll wait with posting a roster until i get more names
    til then fuck you Shrek I can also do cool ROLEPLAY

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Thousands of years. Our people lost so much, as did so many others. Our capital destroyed, our empire collapsed. All that remains, is the great citadel of knowledge all people once looked up to, it's contents lost to time, and the skeletons buried deep within."

[​IMG]

"But today we are born anew, all people of Xe'nara are. for today is the day we journey out once more, to discover that which was lost. To save our brothers and sisters. We may have forgotten the old ways, but we know that from unity and peace, we shall be whole once more.
    For today we are not Xe'thran, Ox'braxi, Peacockian, or Antropof.

Today we are all Xe'naran."

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  7. Raouldukejnr

Raouldukejnr Officially Appointed Car Fucker
    Premium Member

Nebulae:

[​IMG]
    Across distant time and space, a faint single transmission can be heard. It's language is alien, it's origin is alien, it's features are alien.

Who are these aliens? These four legged abominations? These masters of communication and technology?

Who
    are these aliens? Pushing the boundaries of space? Pushing and expanding across the galaxy?

Who are these aliens? Aggressive in form and logical in function? Co-operative and individualistic?

Who are these aliens? Who've discovered the means to travel? Who've created the means of communication?

WHO are THESE aliens? Who are heading to our doorstep? Who's armies contain robot and being alike?

WHO ARE THESE ALIENS? Who are coming in range of our sensors? Who's intent we don't quite understand?

WHO ARE THESE ALIENS?!?! WHO'S spacecraft and WARSHIPS are inbound? WHO'S landing craft accompany each FLEET?

WHO ARE THESE ALIENS???!?!? WHO'S LANDING ARMIES ON OUR COLONIES? WHO'S CLAIMING OUR RESEARCH STATIONS AND MINERALS FOR THEMSELVES?

WHO ARE THESE ALIENS?!?! WHO'S FLEET IS EN ROUTE TO OUR CAPITAL? WHO? WHO CAN TELL US WHO THESE ALIENS ARE?!

Someone can tell you who they are. They're old, they're frail, their lifespan is coming to it's end in the 800th year. You must not let your people know, no, you can't. This must remain a secret.
    The "someone" falls to their knees, he knows. He really knows.
    Who are... these aliens...?
    He knows it's too late.
    He knows...

THEY'RE BACK.

#TR2017

#7 Raouldukejnr, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    • nebulous nebulous x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Vortigangster

Vortigangster Proton

Nebulae:
    Fuck, guess I gotta do one of these too now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Since the dawn of time, the Mandalorians have been a strong people, bred for war, our warriors strike fear throughout the galaxy with their unprecedented skill and prowess, as we have finally achieved what our scientists call "Faster-Than-Light" travel, the stars are finally within our grasp, and, in the likely event that we discover new spacefaring nations, we shall either align ourselves with them... Or destroy them!
    Darasuum kote! Naasad jorso'ran cuun kandosii kot!
    [​IMG]

This was super rushed since I was kind of in a hurry

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  9. Sir Goatson

Premium Member

Nebulae:
    THE SYNTHETIC REBIRTH
    Thousands of years have passed since the time of the first great exploration, thousands of years since the war of materialists and spiritualists. Empires rose and fell. And now, while the remains of the old empires struggle to rise once more, new ones emerge.

Welcome to the new world.
    Welcome to the Synthetic Dawn.

---

Hi.
    Since Chicken is a lazy cunt I decided to clarify for everyone outside of the Discord what this new MP playthrough will be.

Basically last playthrough we ended up in a deadlock with everyone being in one of two huge factions and half of us playing as materialists.

Also, new roster because
    ---

ROSTER
    Common Worlds of Xe'nara | me
    Council of Raouls | @Raouldukejnr
    The Astrum | @Shrek
    Solus Mando'ade | @Vortigangster
    The Automatic Empress | @Dr.Towers
    Corporation of Yarus Prime | @Mic15000
    Sadlarn Stellar Council | @slugman

#9 Sir Goatson, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    • nebulous nebulous x 3
  10. Mic15000

Mic15000 The Underdog

Nebulae:

[​IMG]

Such a lovely day for business isn't it?

But where are our maners? Let us introduce ourself.

We are the Avorian Corporation and I am sure our relationship will only create fruitful profit... For our people of course.

We Thrive in our wealth and together we shall rule the stars! For a price of course.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Vortigangster

Vortigangster Proton

Nebulae:
    THE PEACOCKS RISE AGAIN!

edit: for real, what the fuck man
    [​IMG]

#11 Vortigangster, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    • nebulous nebulous x 1
  12. Benjideaula

Benjideaula Electron

Nebulae:
    tfw you only got base stellaris with no expansions
    [​IMG]

13. Vortigangster

Vortigangster Proton

Nebulae:
    Dude, Paradox are cool so if the host has all DLC, you get to use them too without having to own them. Chicken, afaik, does have all of the DLC, and will buy Synthethic Dawn on the 21st when it comes out

14. Benjideaula

Benjideaula Electron

Nebulae:
    eh... Now that I think of it I don't really have enough time for a multiplayer game of stellaris.

15. JerkyNero

JerkyNero Electron

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]
    Count me in!

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  16. Chicken

Chicken Nihilanth
    HL2 RP Operator

Nebulae:
    Add me on steam, buddy, I'll send you the discord link later on.

17. Sir Goatson

Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Xenophile friends YAY

18. Shrek

Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Did someone say cool ROLLENSPIEL?

[​IMG]
    Stem-Sector 15 - Post Altercation.

SECURITY REPORT.

ASTRUM ESTABLISHMENT - CYCLE ZERO.
    CLEARANCE LEVEL [REDACTED]

:: Good evening, Imperator ::

At index 00.00.00+45L of cycle zero, anti-civil riots emerged as a causal result of the Universal Astrum Emancipation by the senatorial congregation. The executive decision sparked protests and riots in the federal stem quarter, the most notable incidents having occurred in the stem-sectors of the Arbiter Complex.

Impeding material damage and unlawful marchings towards the Imperatorial centre spawned swift response from the reinstated authorizations in accordance to the Imperatorial Act of Cycle Zero. All public information has been subject to rectification and redaction to ensure civic stability.

Number of Recorded Fatalities (Civic Report): 12078.
    Number of Recorded Fatalities (Internal Report): ~184000.

The Astrum Prevails

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  19. slugman

slugman Molecule

Nebulae:
    how do i actually play this game most paradox games got a fucking 90 degree learning curve but i dont get this shit

20. Shrek

Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Out of all Paradox strategy games you could choose to play Stellaris is probably the least complex and easiest one by far.