Suggestion STOP asking for guns you died with

Rod

remove bias
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Suggestion: ''did anyone find my gun haha i lost it in a boating accident
bcr9aWn.png
'' no i don't HAVE ur gun. there is an inherent risk to fighting with specific gear and it is some cringe min-max loot goblin shit to break nlr to get it back. you are asking for the gun of some dead guy with no connections to u. it removes the risk/reward of bringing out the bigger guns and mosins/snipers are going to last entire map swaps because it keeps returning to the hands of the guy who fucked up enough to die with it ☠☠☠

its pretty much impossible to enforce someone getting their gun back cause if they dont ask for it theyll just have it given to them by a mate as a gift or whatever but at least enforce the nlr rule punishment on asking for ur guns back literally immediately after dying over the radio, its infuriating to watch. its one step before walking back to where u died and picking it up yourself. don't do this. thanks

Why it would be worth adding: guns have had more hands on them than prostitutes
Necessary content:

Last edited:

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
mosins/snipers are going to last entire map swaps because it keeps returning to the hands of the guy who fucked up enough to die with it
idk about that

I kept my mosin for 4 maps because I only ever used it when I was in a secure sniping spot & immediately switched when moving closer to the fighting

most people do the same thing

its pretty much impossible to enforce someone getting their gun back cause if they dont ask for it theyll just have it given to them by a mate as a gift
but yeah, this

people are going to steam message each other if you outright ban it, all this does is probably cut down the unlikely scenario of some new player/loot rat picking up discarded weapons and then getting shot because "it was my friend's gun!!!"

Reactions: List

Generally Fruity

Proton
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I'd take it a step further and make all deaths permanent, even deaths from glitches. No survivors. Your guns? Vaporized on impact.

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
This is like banning abortion. Even if you ban it, it will still happen, but you just won't see it, cause it'll be in people's DMs like east said.

I also think this is not a problem considering half the server's gameplay consists of shooting each other and it's much easier to ask for a gun you lost than to spend half an hour running around asking people if they've got spare armament.

.and honestly even if you ban asking for guns you lost, it won't stop it. You will still see in radio "Anyone got a spare gun?" "YO I need a spare gun!" "Anyone got spare MP7???" "need gun pls". People will ask for guns nonetheless, whether outright saying it's the one they lost, or they'll be subtler about it. (e.g. if you lose a mosin, instead of asking "I lost my Mosin anyone got it?" you will just say "Who's got a spare Mosin?"). So banning this makes zero difference

It will persist, just in a slightly different way, so I say don't bother and don't get worked up over such a small thing, and let it be,. It's not that big of a problem anyway. It's one of those things that you only get mad about if you force and focus yourself on getting mad at it

Nebulae
Am I wrong tho

Completely: logs can be checked, weapons can be tracked.

You bring up the point of 'well people will just ask for a spare gun instead'. why does that detract from the suggestion to make 'asking for a lost gun' against the rules? It's blatant NLR. Rebels already have it easy with their infinite gun-supply (something that is highly questionable in and of itself) so any method of making shootouts hurt just a little more should be fine to pass.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

You bring up the point of 'well people will just ask for a spare gun instead'. why does that detract from the suggestion to make 'asking for a lost gun' against the rules? It's blatant NLR. Rebels already have it easy with their infinite gun-supply (something that is highly questionable in and of itself) so any method of making shootouts hurt just a little more should be fine to pass.

that and we already have code for it, you cant pick up a weapon on one character that you had picked up on another

there's already tokens put on items when you grab them, it'd be easy to adjust that code so that items you dropped on death cant be picked up in the new life

Rod

remove bias
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i did not even begin to FORESEE a timeline in which my call to moderate weapon transfers is counterpointed by ABORTION

bilack

Electron
Nebulae

Infinite pistols, maybe. But I would not say they have it easy compared to cops who can just go to their nearest RL and ask for a new AK or MP7 as soon as they die and respawn at base. A luxury rebels do not have unless mods decide to host a supply station

As for your first point, asking for a spare gun is essentially the same thing as asking for the gun you lost if you're specific with your wording. If you lose a Mosin, and you ask for a spare Mosin as soon as you respawn, whether you mention that you lost it or not, it's the whole same deal. So for example I lose a Mosin, Billy Bob picks up the Mosin I lost, he goes back to bunker. I respawn, I go to the bunker, I ask around for a spare Mosin, not mentioning that I lost it. Billy Bob comes over to me and gives me a Mosin, the same one I had in the previous life. Same stuff, you just don't mention that you lost the gun. If I have Billy Bob added on steam, I might as well ask them on steam for the Mosin I lost. I have told you already. Even if you make asking for a lost gun against the rules, the problem will persist, just in a slightly different format

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
there's already tokens put on items when you grab them, it'd be easy to adjust that code so that items you dropped on death cant be picked up in the new life
This seems like it'd lead to a quick gridlock best summarized as
1. Player gets a new gun
2. Player dies, loses said gun
3. Rinse and repeat 1. and 2. until most guns in circulation have touched said player, thus severely restricting what they can use
Multiplied by the amount of people that go through this regulary with the s2k they partake in.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This seems like it'd lead to a quick gridlock best summarized as
1. Player gets a new gun
2. Player dies, loses said gun
3. Rinse and repeat 1. and 2. until most guns in circulation have touched said player, thus severely restricting what they can use
Multiplied by the amount of people that go through this regulary with the s2k they partake in.

i think this would be intentional design tbh

if it gets to a state where a single gun has been used by everyone, and each person has been killed with it in hand, that gun should just... leave circulation entirely
that gun should be lost and inaccessible

guns need to come out of circulation, and guns need to go into circulation
you cant just keep putting guns in and letting people keep all the ones they already have

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
i think this would be intentional design tbh

if it gets to a state where a single gun has been used by everyone, and each person has been killed with it in hand, that gun should just... leave circulation entirely
that gun should be lost and inaccessible

guns need to come out of circulation, and guns need to go into circulation
you cant just keep putting guns in and letting people keep all the ones they already have
I mean, theres already a organic way guns leave circulation, when CPs recover them from firefights or when rebels exhange them with lambda for other items.

You don't really need ooc systems imo,
Personally the increase in OOC managed systems is of serious concern for me in this server.

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Alexa, set reminder for <when i get skill-2-k'd> to ask on the radio for my <insert gun i didn't have here> back from other rebels.