Suggestion STOP asking for guns you died with

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
image.png

stop fucking doing this holy shit​
this is why I maintain that people who demand their weapon back should be PK'd instead

if it was truly yours then guess what, you died, so off to the grave you go.

Reactions: List

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
actually dumbfounded how this is a legit issue

"Forget their knowledge of a situation after an NLR, acting it out as if they were never present in the situation to begin with." while not precised, I'd say it falls under that rule. you just forget you ever lost a weapon and you never had one basically, for some reason. don't let the economy be a cycle

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
actually dumbfounded how this is a legit issue

"Forget their knowledge of a situation after an NLR, acting it out as if they were never present in the situation to begin with." while not precised, I'd say it falls under that rule. you just forget you ever lost a weapon and you never had one basically, for some reason. don't let the economy be a cycle
Funny enough, the staff team from Depot to Asheville used to legitimately enforce this as a breach of NLR. Two of those people got hit with the retroactive PK for it that I myself know of, one on Apoc and one on Asheville.

No idea why the fuck people've stopped punishing this, since it's always been treated as a rule break.

Flippy

stoner rp
Nebulae
image.png

stop fucking doing this holy shit​
Going to hold up my hands here and say that was me, but I'd like to give my justification before I get hit with box trucks.

The guy that had lost the gun - I have no idea who he is (hence why I said in the white coat and not his name) so this wasn't a case of 'hey can you give my friend his gun back' and more of a 'hey can you give the dude his high tier weapon back''. Pretty sure I've never interacted with the dude, but I could be wrong there. Was just trying to help him out with something that I assumed was okay, given how much I'd seen it happen without issue in the past. Didn't want to be a loot goblin and just eat up his gun. (He'd also lost it to hunters while holding the bunker so I felt a little bad.)

While I agree it does break NLR and is something we should (and will no doubt) enforce going forward, I don't really think we can blame people for doing what so many others have done, with staff online, if nothing is said. If someone does something that's a bit dodgy and no staff members stop it, nor do any players, why wouldn't you do it? Why not get that gun back you spent ages trying to obtain? Easier to do that than try and come up with a story that makes sense on how you "lost" your good weapon, and now need a new one.

I am talking from personal experience here and am in no way claiming it's never ever been punished by anyone, just not that I've seen (Again outside of the other day)

sorry for being cringe boys ☹️

Last edited:

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Going to hold up my hands here and say that was me, but I'd like to give my justification before I get hit with box trucks.

The guy that had lost the gun - I have no idea who he is (hence why I said in the white coat and not his name) so this wasn't a case of 'hey can you give my friend his gun back' and more of a 'hey can you give the dude his high tier weapon back''. Pretty sure I've never interacted with the dude, but I could be wrong there. Was just trying to help him out with something that I assumed was okay, given how much I'd seen it happen without issue in the past. Didn't want to be a loot goblin and just eat up his gun. (He'd also lost it to hunters while holding the bunker so I felt a little bad.)

While I agree it does break NLR and is something we should (and will no doubt) enforce going forward, I don't really think we can blame people for doing what so many others have done, with staff online, if nothing is said. If someone does something that's a bit dodgy and no staff members stop it, nor do any players, why wouldn't you do it? Why not get that gun back you spent ages trying to obtain? Easier to do that than try and come up with a story that makes sense on how you "lost" your good weapon, and now need a new one. I am talking from personal experience here and am in no way claiming it's never ever been punished by anyone, just not that I've seen (Again outside of the other day)

I lost my Pulse rifle, can I have it back please?

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae

While I agree it does break NLR and is something we should (and will no doubt) enforce going forward, I don't really think we can blame people for doing what so many others have done, with staff online, if nothing is said. If someone does something that's a bit dodgy and no staff members stop it, nor do any players, why wouldn't you do it? Why not get that gun back you spent ages trying to obtain? Easier to do that than try and come up with a story that makes sense on how you "lost" your good weapon, and now need a new one.

I am talking from personal experience here and am in no way claiming it's never ever been punished by anyone, just not that I've seen (Again outside of the other day)

unfollowed

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Going to drop some guns I've been hoarding into the middle of the map, at 7pm GMT 0.

These include but are not limited to

x1 AKM.
x1 SPAS-12.
x3 MP7.
x1 MP5K.
x2 9mm USP Match.
x1200 Rounds of 7.62x39mm.
x140 Rounds of 9x19mm.
x190 Rounds of Buckshot .
x1 Combine Engineering Uniform.

And whatever else I have to throw into the pile.

Combine and Rebels welcome to fight over it, if admins want they can have it to use for supplies.

If no interest, I'll not bother

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
It's much funnier when people say in radio that someone stole their gun while they were sleeping. I wonder why that stopped being the common excuse.

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
Going to drop some guns I've been hoarding into the middle of the map, at 7pm GMT 0.

These include but are not limited to

x1 AKM.
x1 SPAS-12.
x3 MP7.
x1 MP5K.
x2 9mm USP Match.
x1200 Rounds of 7.62x39mm.
x140 Rounds of 9x19mm.
x190 Rounds of Buckshot .
x1 Combine Engineering Uniform.

And whatever else I have to throw into the pile.

Combine and Rebels welcome to fight over it, if admins want they can have it to use for supplies.

If no interest, I'll not bother
Please drop these in my room in the bunker. Cheers

Nebulae
i am glad we can all air out our laundry comfortably fellow nebulous hl2rp players, let's take these mistakes and make them a positive by ensuring we don't repeat them

BBo3c-IrtE9QjxzOdZq-q1RjnD1KO8nkS2YnvRFraxI.png