[Suggestion] Clockwork; Deus Ex: Roleplay

Would you be interested in playing a server revolving around DX:RP?

• Total voters

Edgelord Freeman

Electron
Nebulae
I voted the 3rd thing as well as a lot of other players, too. I would like to see something that is actually concentrated on being like a real world, but serious RP instead of darkrp shit, though I´m not much interested in Sci-fi. However, If the server actually comes out, I´ll be happy to test it out, doesn´t look that bad.

Dunjam

ae
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I voted the 3rd thing as well as a lot of other players, too. I would like to see something that is actually concentrated on being like a real world, but serious RP instead of darkrp shit, though I´m not much interested in Sci-fi. However, If the server actually comes out, I´ll be happy to test it out, doesn´t look that bad.

that's been tried twice, it ends up dying after a month regardless of how good or bad it is, deus ex rp could work if it was self-sustaining like hl2rp and had a lot of options for character development and advancement, so my guess is that some lore needs to be made up for it to function properly

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
that's been tried twice, it ends up dying after a month regardless of how good or bad it is, deus ex rp could work if it was self-sustaining like hl2rp and had a lot of options for character development and advancement, so my guess is that some lore needs to be made up for it to function properly
Personally, I believe that the first priority beyond gameplay probably has to be atmosphere/lore. Sure, you can have a big map along with some fancy augments and some flashy weapons, but it's utterly pointless to have them when there is no sort of world that is developing while the player is doing his/her thing.

As long as you focus mostly upon atmosphere, wether it be the aesthetics of the map, the music being played, the weather, or the way people react to situations; then you can have one hell of an immersive experience. Otherwise, it'll just be DarkRP with some Sci-Fi Textures, a fancy augment system and CWU in the form of making Cars

Dunjam

ae
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Personally, I believe that the first priority beyond gameplay probably has to be atmosphere/lore. Sure, you can have a big map along with some fancy augments and some flashy weapons, but it's utterly pointless to have them when there is no sort of world that is developing while the player is doing his/her thing.

As long as you focus mostly upon atmosphere, wether it be the aesthetics of the map, the music being played, the weather, or the way people react to situations; then you can have one hell of an immersive experience. Otherwise, it'll just be DarkRP with some Sci-Fi Textures, a fancy augment system and CWU in the form of making Cars

no, not entirely. lore and atmosphere is a minor aspect to be honest, it's RP and gameplay that matters mostly, ensure that all of the factions and organizations are sorted so that they can sustain themselves without having to be frequently assisted by sd's and such, and then make sure that all of the code and features on the server work properly, then go on to develop lore and timeline, atmosphere can be easy to do just by simply having a good map and a few factions and groups running things instead of admins/npc's, then it's all good.

Reactions: List

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
no, not entirely. lore and atmosphere is a minor aspect to be honest, it's RP and gameplay that matters mostly, ensure that all of the factions and organizations are sorted so that they can sustain themselves without having to be frequently assisted by sd's and such, and then make sure that all of the code and features on the server work properly, then go on to develop lore and timeline, atmosphere can be easy to do just by simply having a good map and a few factions and groups running things instead of admins/npc's, then it's all good.
well, it's more around the mid-range of important

it isn't minor, but you're right, getting the gameplay down is the most critical thing

Reactions: List