Serious SUGGESTION: Introduce a new server

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
it's japan, everyone in nebulous is a weeb who's played joseon/watches a shit ton of anime/or studies japan's history and culture

i have faith that everyone here could properly rp the smallest character in this gamemode, from farmer to ronin
you say this

but people literally couldn't even play an american/english person from the 90s in ww3rp let alone a normal grown up person correctly on hl2rp most of the time

i dont see a way it can be done respectfully by the majority of the playerbase without it devolving into memes and shittery

Joseon only worked because we were a small cast of really involved players taking the lead for the japanese in kobayashi

Reactions: List
Nebulae
you say this

but people literally couldn't even play an american/english person from the 90s in ww3rp let alone a normal grown up person correctly on hl2rp most of the time

i dont see a way it can be done respectfully by the majority of the playerbase without it devolving into memes and shittery

Joseon only worked because we were a small cast of really involved players taking the lead for the japanese in kobayashi

I never played ww3rp, mostly because it wasn't a very serious rp to begin with considering it was s2k-oriented

but, from what i've gathered, every asian character i've seen played is rather developed and played well (see Renjiro, Rejisuto, Takashiro, Hajime, Shawn Seon, all those kinda dudes) especially if they're a wannabe modern-day samurai, which everyone likes to be when they play a japanese character

just have a lil faith gamer, if it's japan, im sure everyone will be just as involved, if not more with this full-on gamemode/server, especially since they'll be actual samurai and shit this time, not modern yakuza
[doublepost=1608934579][/doublepost]
I never played ww3rp, mostly because it wasn't a very serious rp to begin with considering it was s2k-oriented

but, from what i've gathered, every asian character i've seen played is rather developed and played well (see Renjiro, Rejisuto, Takashiro, Hajime, Shawn Seon, all those kinda dudes) especially if they're a wannabe modern-day samurai, which everyone likes to be when they play a japanese character

just have a lil faith gamer, if it's japan, im sure everyone will be just as involved, if not more with this full-on gamemode/server, especially since they'll be actual samurai and shit this time, not modern yakuza

correction: i did play ww3rp once, it wasn't a very serious experience, i tried running a store as an italian person and shit

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
having a 1600 'authentic' server requires people to know how the samurai and shit acted back then

which 80% of the people dont know

Nebulae
being a weeb neckbeard does not mean that you understand the culture and traditions of feudal Japan and Shintoism

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
At first I was skeptical, but this seems like it could really be a genuinely fun and amusing theme.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i don't trust meme teenage-twenty something white dudes to rp being japanese in the 1100-1800s no matter how much anime they watch.

KONNICHIWA ADMIN-SAMA, ME SUCKY SUCKY UWU

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
(see Renjiro)
just asian mike pinello

soldier man (but asian) who gets killed by his own side #2831
seen like 5 of them in helix alone, don't get me started on clockwork

Shawn Seon
test tube boy turned insurgent turned union rat turned not-union rat turned insurgent killer turned event exclusive man

Rejisuto, Takashiro
these two are the only actual authentic japanese people on the list

Nebulae
just asian mike pinello

soldier man (but asian) who gets killed by his own side #2831
seen like 5 of them in helix alone, don't get me started on clockwork

test tube boy turned insurgent turned union rat turned not-union rat turned insurgent killer turned event exclusive man

these two are the only actual authentic japanese people on the list

bro...............................................................................................

i have been proven wrong.........................................

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
I'll give this a proper read through shortly but be warned, any ideas for future GMod servers need to be more than ideas; I'm not going to be taking on any development for a new GMod server and I won't be tasking any of our devs to either.

As with WW3RP and FTRP we're open to new gamemodes that are already in active development or have been developed.
terminator roleplay