Suggestion: Replace FTRP with Project Zomboid

D

Deleted member 243

Hi,

I was thinking lately, and I saw a thread which showed me that FTRP is going downhill. We all know what happened last time, it was an unstoppable train doomed to crash. So, why spend money on the upkeep of the server if we could simply replace it with a more realistic game.

Project Zomboid. An early access game with a lot of love put into it. You can roleplay on it with great effects, I tried it once, and it was so fun. People didn't use currency, but rather used items and services. Some examples are medical care, to bottles of whiskey and cigarettes.

Instead of a 60 slot, Gristwork powered, Garry's Mod server, we could have a massive 150 - 200 player server, with almost no lag, or maybe no lag at all.

Also, the coding. It is very simple, since everything is Lua powered. Also, after purchasing the game, you gain the rights to enter the core files and change anything. Make your own maps and buildings. Design the world you'll die in.

Now, some of you may find this outrageous. I don't, I think this would thrive. The game is hard and relentless, like an apocalypse should be. You don't need regular admin interverals or player made characters to cause shit. Zombies are already a big threat. Guns are standardly rare, so you are forced to use melee. Food, shelter and warmth is acheived by you and your wits.

Design a character that can build something, operate generators and all kinds of stuff. You can be anything you want, with limits. You have good and bad traits, and this was lacking from FTRP. People tend to think they're perfect. But on Project Zomboid, you are either smart and weak, or strong and stupid. Your choice.

So, what are your thoughts on this?

MEDIA:

Chicken

Nihilanth
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Project ZomboidRP is something I always wanted to try. But most of the servers are so long up, the map is looted empty and the building are all broken down.

Reactions: List

Elan

Proton
Nebulae
Tbf, won't a pz server attract less popularity than ftrp. I mean this is a gmod rp community, and only a fraction of us have pz. (Sorry about bad Typing with one hand)

EDIT- I swear there are already a bunch of pz-rp servers. (I'm part of one

Though if this could become a thing, I would be all for it.

D

Deleted member 243

Another example you wouldn't see in FTRP.

You can start massive groups and make forts from wood. Use plaster to reinforce it and stuff. Have an all out war between certain groups for resources or soil. Like Metro, Fourth Reich vs The Red Danger

Also, if the map is starting to be completely fucked, you can always move to a new map.

AND GUESS WHAT, WITH THE SELF-MAKING MAP CLIENT, WE DON'T NEED TO PLOW THROUGH MAPS THAT WOULD MAKE THE WHOLE PLAYERBASE HAPPY. WE CAN MAKE THEM OURSELVES IN MERE DAYS.

D

Deleted member 243

@RetroPirate1 there are literally Video Game items, so you can now sell them for fuck if I know, or out 'em up in a museum. You can gain electronic scrap from vidya so engineers will probablt buy them.

Nebulae
I bought project zomboid when it was super early in development and I've been following it ever since and I love it.
But I still dont want to loose Frundtech...
I guess if this is our only choice I'm up for it.
And there are video game items so the museum isnt going anywhere baby.
[doublepost=1466205581][/doublepost]
@RetroPirate1 there are literally Video Game items, so you can now sell them for fuck if I know, or out 'em up in a museum. You can gain electronic scrap from vidya so engineers will probablt buy them.
Ayy, we posted at the same time!

Elan

Proton
Nebulae
If it helps, pz has a shit ton of awesome workshop mods eg hydrocraft. That adds almost 1000 more in game items that can be used for shit. The Reddit redboid server uses it, and I highly recommend it.

-EDIT
Last I checked, the redboid server was the biggest in pz with about 50 ppl online, so tbh the bar is not TOO high so it should be easy to get new ppl.

Nebulae
My only problem is...
How do we make places uniqe?

Like signs, posters n stuff?

I had my museum sign, so people saw that it was a muesum.
Saylors bar had his sign.

Is there a "Sign Mod" for PZ?

Elan

Proton
Nebulae
My only problem is...
How do we make places uniqe?

Like signs, posters n stuff?

I had my museum sign, so people saw that it was a muesum.
Saylors bar had his sign.

Is there a "Sign Mod" for PZ?
There is a custom sign in west point for twiggy's, so I guess in the map creator, you could add your own.

D

Deleted member 243

then don't ask for people to give you handouts and host a fucking server for you

if you don't want to host your own server what makes you think fucking nebulous will make one just for you
Just for me?

Listen, Cram. I am merely suggesting a course of action for the CM to consider.

And no, I can't even host a CO-OP server for like two guys on my piece of shit PC, so good on you for getting aggresive over a suggestion

which is about a game

D

Deleted member 243

a. buy a server from my research they aint cost too much
b. host co-op ive done it before with a few people and it works
my pc and internet is so bad that it hurts