Serious Summoning all Pirates for Sea of Thieves!

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I want this game but in Australia it costs $100 dollars. It's ridiculous how much we get over charged and its partially due to the exchange rate too.
I mean if anything you can wait till it's more developed and that'll give you some more time to save up.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Y'all can say what you like, it's still fun for what's there. As long as you don't mind grinding and just see it as an early access game it's really fun. Sure the grind is annoying but the fucking naval combat is on point.

Here's a screenshot I took from the other day where I tried to take on a fort vs 2 galleons and 3 sloops and after an hour and a half of ship ramming, bombings, cannon warfare and swordfighting, I managed to steal the key to the vault from under their noses and escape.

ZNPvG0m.jpg

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Y'all can say what you like, it's still fun for what's there. As long as you don't mind grinding and just see it as an early access game it's really fun. Sure the grind is annoying but the fucking naval combat is on point.

Here's a screenshot I took from the other day where I tried to take on a fort vs 2 galleons and 3 sloops and after an hour and a half of ship ramming, bombings, cannon warfare and swordfighting, I managed to steal the key to the vault from under their noses and escape.

ZNPvG0m.jpg
I'm not paying 60$ for an early access game under the guise of "just wait for more content"

by buying a game like this you are saying that you are okay with such a small amount of content, further lowering the quality that game studios have to deliver

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm not paying 60$ for an early access game under the guise of "just wait for more content"

by buying a game like this you are saying that you are okay with such a small amount of content, further lowering the quality that game studios have to deliver
Under most circumstances I'd agree, however as it's from Rare and Microsoft I doubt they're going to abandon working on it any time soon and with them actually taking player feedback on the idea about them adding a death tax (and thus removing the idea from production) I feel very confident they cannot and will not abandon continuing work on the game.

As for that rhetoric, unfortunately whether we buy it or not it'll always be this way. Look at Ubisoft. The company just excreets whatever piece of shit they can produce each year and people just eat it up like something outta Human Centipede. It'll never end and I do my bit by never buying any Ubisoft or Bungie game. After AC3 I've abhorred everything that Ubisoft is as a company and I refused to buy any of their games afterwards, the only exception being Rainbow Six: Siege and even then I only bought the starter edition on sale and grinded for every character on it. As for Bungie after they left the Halo series they became worthless and only produced trash that had less content than Sea of Thieves currently has.

At the end of the day, the game is beautiful, fun and has a lot of potential. I've played it for a week straight and I've enjoyed every moment of it.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

I'm probably the only person that plays the game still but for anyone interested who's not seen it yet, there's the trailer for the next big update.​