Serious surrator's blender thread

Jaf

Thanks, I hate it
Nebulae
I was taught Autodesk for 6 months, it's archaic, buggy, and slow. The only reason it's still used by the industry is because of how well established & supported it is. Also, you gotta pay for a license.

For hobbyist & small studio work, I'd say blender is superior in a lot of ways, and for anything that isn't for a studio (Where someone else has to be able to continue your work / call Autodesk for support) I would never recommend an Autodesk product.

Fuck 'ehm. They're just as bad as Adobe.

Also, this is freakin' neato, for modeling stuff you gotta look into weighing edges or doing more support edges. This is good stuff, I do recognize some of this being tutorial stuff.

Reactions: List

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
I was taught Autodesk for 6 months, it's archaic, buggy, and slow. The only reason it's still used by the industry is because of how well established & supported it is. Also, you gotta pay for a license.

For hobbyist & small studio work, I'd say blender is superior in a lot of ways, and for anything that isn't for a studio (Where someone else has to be able to continue your work / call Autodesk for support) I would never recommend an Autodesk product.

Fuck 'ehm. They're just as bad as Adobe.

Also, this is freakin' neato, for modeling stuff you gotta look into weighing edges or doing more support edges. This is good stuff, I do recognize some of this being tutorial stuff.
my sister uses autodesk for her work and she says the same, pain in the ass to work with and it gives her a headache at least 5 times a week

and yeah some of this stuff is tutorial since im still very shaky on starting out my own stuff, but i've been branching out recently, my main goal is to achieve things like this some day:

D5QxP79U0AA4-af

but we'll see how things go

e: i didn't make this image

Last edited:

Jaf

Thanks, I hate it
Nebulae
Blender Guru has a lot of good tutorials, which I'm sure plenty of people have bumped into. Once you got a handle on modifiers and just general modeling you can look into stuff like edge-flow and UV-unwrapping.

Also, I'm not sure if you're modeling to make stuff for games or just high-quality renders; but generally speaking, using a sub-surface modifier is a deadly sin for Game-stuff as it adds geometry all across the model, even where it's not needed, but it's pretty common for high-quality renders.

If you like hard-surface stuff you could also look into boolean modeling which surprisingly lends itself to game modeling, also, it's crazy powerful.

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
Blender Guru has a lot of good tutorials, which I'm sure plenty of people have bumped into. Once you got a handle on modifiers and just general modeling you can look into stuff like edge-flow and UV-unwrapping.

Also, I'm not sure if you're modeling to make stuff for games or just high-quality renders; but generally speaking, using a sub-surface modifier is a deadly sin for Game-stuff as it adds geometry all across the model, even where it's not needed, but it's pretty common for high-quality renders.

If you like hard-surface stuff you could also look into boolean modeling which surprisingly lends itself to game modeling, also, it's crazy powerful.

once i feel comfortable with what i have right now i'll expand and go with boxcutter/HardOps, and my main goal's to make pretty renders, so i'm not too fussed about vert counts or w.e

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
hey, it's been a long time, but im trying to approach more natural scenes now, i cooked this up in a few hours to experiment with lighting and grass systems, i may revisit this one later when i start making more assets and maybe we can make it more lively

im also very upset that every animation in this thread has disappeared from the internet, i dont have my old PC anymore either :/

JVburca5_o.png

removed from the archive

Last edited:

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
Qr4tauOL_o.png
realized the back needed more love, so i added some more onto that and gave the place more light via cracks

randomized the grass a little more and added more color to it, think im happy with the result, only gripe i have honestly is that im struggling to add in dust particles, might be possible in postfx

Last edited:
Nebulae
Qr4tauOL_o.png
realized the back needed more love, so i added some more onto that and gave the place more light via cracks

randomized the grass a little more and added more color to it, think im happy with the result, only gripe i have honestly is that im struggling to add in dust particles, might be possible in postfx
Mister surrator, the only blend I got from you is just the realization of who u are man
Surra is surrator? Bro long time no see
Mad af, you still around?

Nebulae
yeah its me, i come n go, surra surrae surrator etc
last thing i remember of you is our 2017 conversations and nebulous.cloud.gaming.com from that era
i wonder if nebulous is still around
anyway man good to see u, despite me not acknowledging it was u here all along, as if an entirely different man