Information Team Fortress 2 - Frontline

Rondal

And whole beasts of nations desire power
Nebulae
There's a small project going on in the TF2 community, and it's quite impressive. Valve, despite having a past of stubborn tunnel vision on their game, could potentially approve of this update, as it's being posted on twitter and the organisation of the update shows that valve wouldn't need to do much to implement this. The update's name is front line, depicting modern-warfare however it adapts various aspects of world-war two, including zeppelins and fixed-wing propeller planes. The update looks beautiful, and, if added, could spell out a fix to the 'Meet your match' failure.

View the update at http://frontline.tf/

Share your thoughts below!

D

Deleted member 243

fucking weird shit :heyzeus: i just finished watching a video about it
looks nice but im not a tf2 man anymore its shit
i remember playing the shit out of tf2 on the mariokart maps because of kitty0706

good times, game is shit now

Jack.

Proton
Nebulae
Yeah, trying to find an official servers is more slower than Internet Explorer.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
The only reason Valve says they don't need to put much effort into putting this through is BECAUSE they don't need to do much effort.

The community is doing all the work for them while they reap all the benefits.

Remember the last "Community Update"? That was a bunch of community made skins and such which made Valve a killing while they did SHIT ALL.

Community updates are just a way for Valve to milk the Community for money. The Community is literally being Valve's faithful slaves and they do it willingly because Valve itself will never do a good update.

Duke of Wellington

32nd Wheelie Bin Regiment
Nebulae
I couldn't give two mcfuckles about cosmetics. Never understood why people pay money for in-game crap.

Nebulae
The trailer was sick.
I love the retro theme.

But it's kinda wierd that it's all WW2-ish when the game takes place during the 70's.
Soldier is a ex-ww2 soldier so why would everything be all ww2-ish again?

Larry Crude the Good

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Dude...I've played it for two years, It's shit now.
I've been in a Team...
But tbh, the orange servers with crits are cool.

Larry Crude the Good

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Tbf, Valve is destroying TF2, and in the end...The game will die, It will fucking die.

Larry Crude the Good

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
World Of Warcraft is dying, but it was released 2004, while tf2 was released 2007.
I know that the two games are different, but I just wanted to point this out.

Duke of Wellington

32nd Wheelie Bin Regiment
Nebulae
Dude...I've played it for two years, It's shit now.
I've been in a Team...
But tbh, the orange servers with crits are cool.
I've also played it for two years.
I've also been in a Team for a championship.
I've been playing since 2007 and I personally think the game hasn't changed all that much, before it went F2P, before the cosmetics/different weapons the game was actually dying and the servers were dropping. I remember there being only a thousand or so servers left before it went F2P.

I think a majority of this "cosmetics r cancer" stuff is over blown nonsense supported by people who weren't there in the first days or don't remember the first days.

Reactions: List
Nebulae
I've been playing since 2007 and I personally think the game hasn't changed all that much, before it went F2P, before the cosmetics/different weapons the game was actually dying and the servers were dropping. I remember there being only a thousand or so servers left before it went F2P.

I think a majority of this "cosmetics r cancer" stuff is over blown nonsense supported by people who weren't there in the first days or don't remember the first days.
This. So much this.

People who complain about the hats N such dont even know what they are talking about.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
If Valve just let the community update and add content, it'd be one of the best online games of all time. People are willing to put so much into a game that they love, why's Valve trying to limit that?