Terminator: Dark Fate

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
t5vNBTd.gif

IF THIS DOESN'T HYPE YOU THE FUCK UP THEN I WILL BEAT THE HYPE INTO YOU SENSELESSLY

Reactions: List

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
t5vNBTd.gif

IF THIS DOESN'T HYPE YOU THE FUCK UP THEN I WILL BEAT THE HYPE INTO YOU SENSELESSLY
what the fuck are those terminators bruh

honestly I wanted to be hyped for this, hopefully it's good - but the characters other than linda hamilton haven't really interested me that much

Cindy

Nebulae
what the fuck are those terminators bruh

honestly I wanted to be hyped for this, hopefully it's good - but the characters other than linda hamilton haven't really interested me that much

ya Grace isn't really all that interesting as a character to me either at this time, though I'm hyped to see if they reveal she's an I-950 from the T2 novels.

& honestly just Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor again makes tolerating any mediocre characters worth it.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
ya Grace isn't really all that interesting as a character to me either at this time, though I'm hyped to see if they reveal she's an I-950 from the T2 novels.

& honestly just Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor again makes tolerating any mediocre characters worth it.
hopefully james cameron doesn't neuter the fuck out of arnold (unlike genisys)

Cindy

Nebulae
hopefully james cameron doesn't neuter the fuck out of arnold (unlike genisys)

I trust James Cameron to make this right.

Dark Fate won't be like T1 or T2, but it'll be a hell of a lot closer to them than T3, Salvation or Genysis were. Being the creator and the mind behind it all, getting his ex-wife Linda on board for this again, and openly admitting that they're trying to recreate what was special about the first two films affirms that they acknowledge the proceeding films weren't it.

It won't be the retro-nostalgia of the 80's that we all love and know, but it'll be great. I know it in my heart, man.

Cindy

Nebulae
This is from the August trailer but still.

tumblr_px2e08xTJD1w1r687o2_400.gif

I fucking love this new terminator.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Read on if you wanna be spoiled!

Saw it today - what a fucking fun movie. It expands on the events and themes of T2 while fitting it nicely into the modern day. Some notes:
  • The T-1000 wasn't the only Terminator SkyNET sent back. It also sprinkled several T-800's in as backup - one of which blows the fuck out of John with a shotgun sometime shortly after T-2.
  • The future you see in the trailers isn't from SkyNET's future, which no longer exists. A new AI is developed a few years from now to combat modern fears, Cyberterrorism, called LEGION. It goes south.
  • Things that SkyNET took as risks - the T-1000 for example - seem to be commonplace under LEGION. The 'Rev' models (Revisions) we see in the brief snippets of the future all seem to have a dual-layer system, an Endoskeleton with an independent nanometal coating that can do its own thing (usually making stabby shit - the endo's in the future also seem to lack hands and have no ranged weapons, instead having sharpened blades). They're notably a lot tougher, especially the 'Rev 9' model that gets sent back. It isn't experimental, just nasty.
  • We also get glimpses of the HK's in another future scene, they seem to use turbines rather than SkyNET's VTOL stuff. All-in-all, LEGION follows a similar path, just has a massive jump on SkyNET.
  • This also ties into the 'augments' - humans who seem to be shoved full of Terminator tech to give them an edge. They're very limited though and literally start dying if they go on too long and need drugs (as fights are short with Rev's - either you die or they do).
  • The T-800 that kills John, with no orders and no directives, expands massively with R/W over the next 20 years. It 'settles down' (not physically, it stresses this) with a woman who it meets, and learns and grows. It doesn't feel emotions as a human does but has things like empathy and understands it has the free will to choose. This is basically what T2 arnie would have done had he not died, I'd imagine.

Last edited:

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
gonna tag instead of quoting @Rabid but someone said there's an opening scene that's basically a fuck-you to T2 and the previous terminator canon, that true?

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
gonna tag instead of quoting @Rabid but someone said there's an opening scene that's basically a fuck-you to T2 and the previous terminator canon, that true?
Ehhh. I mean its a 'fuck you' to the past three movies (with the exception of one of them, possibly) and sets up this one, for sure.

You could arguably see it as a 'fuck you' to T2, but given who wrote it I don't take it that way personally. Its one of those scenes that you don't expect but it makes what happens later in the film and what it sets up regarding T2's themes a lot more poignant.

Last edited:

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
i just came back from watching the movie in 4d and i had a blast

i honestly expected this movie to fail and im glad it didnt

the new terminator for me was as cool as the one from T2 and Grace wasn't the SJW character I expected her to be, in fact I found her likable by the time the movie ended, CGI was amazing, the music too, but what I loved the most were the parts between Carl and Sarah, especially after the first flashback scene between the two

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i just came back from watching the movie in 4d and i had a blast

i honestly expected this movie to fail and im glad it didnt

the new terminator for me was as cool as the one from T2 and Grace wasn't the SJW character I expected her to be, in fact I found her likable by the time the movie ended, CGI was amazing, the music too, but what I loved the most were the parts between Carl and Sarah, especially after the first flashback scene between the two
Everybody gangsta 'till you go to the beach and order orange juice