Suggestion Test drive PDM vehicles

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
Suggestion: Be able to test drive PDM vehicles for a few minutes (~5 minutes) but require a payment of $1000 or more that is returned to you if you return the vehicle within the return timeframe (5 after the test drive, for a total of 10 minutes). If the vehicle is not returned or destroyed the money isn't returned and the vehicle is marked as stolen on police scanners.

Why: At present, there is no way to know how a vehicle will perform (acceleration, handling, ABS etc.) unless you are able to steal the vehicle from a local, and you can't test the vehicle in GTA Online as they are altered on the server.

Extra: I don't think damage should be deducted from the return payment due to local's erratic driving and desync.

8RldBdE.jpeg

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I think test driving wouldn't be something you can do yourself, but instead an employee of PDM being able to.

It'd be too easy for someone to test drive a car daily to use for crime instead of purchasing it

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Easier solution tbh; have the cars that you can rent be the ones from PDM but for 10% of their current PDM cost. That way it incentivises players to use the rental system - it's cheap enough to warrant using rentals and you'll get to test-drive a car from PDM before you buy it so you know what you're gonna blow 50k on.

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
I think test driving wouldn't be something you can do yourself, but instead an employee of PDM being able to.
If there are PDM workers this would be a better idea.

It'd be too easy for someone to test drive a car daily to use for crime instead of purchasing it
I don't see why people would potentially lose money (if they don't return the vehicle) when they can buy a $300 lockpick and get to access better and faster cars.

Easier solution tbh; have the cars that you can rent be the ones from PDM but for 10% of their current PDM cost. That way it incentivises players to use the rental system - it's cheap enough to warrant using rentals and you'll get to test-drive a car from PDM before you buy it so you know what you're gonna blow 50k on.
I think it would be odd to have to pay $2000-6000 to rent a car you just want to test drive, but it would make use of an existing system.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I think it would be odd to have to pay $2000-6000 to rent a car you just want to test drive, but it would make use of an existing system.
I mean 10% isn't too bad tbh. Makes the reliant robin only $950 to rent for a day, my car (highest end sports classic atm) would've been $4,460. It'd let people rent a car for a day and it'd let them see if the car they want to buy is good enough too.

Cineron

Proton
Nebulae
I think even if this doesn't go through putting stats on the vehicles before purchase has been suggested a few times.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I think even if this doesn't go through putting stats on the vehicles before purchase has been suggested a few times.
A problem there is that handling values are changed often and aren't something we can just pull a stat from, though I'm unsure if we'd do it anyway

Reactions: List

Cineron

Proton
Nebulae
A problem there is that handling values are changed often and aren't something we can just pull a stat from, though I'm unsure if we'd do it anyway
If you did end up establishing vehicle handling stats, would you be able to have the UI stats update as the backend is tweaked for it's values?

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
reliant robin: 0
there, one down, only like four to go, right? give or take a few

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I would happily ditch my previous suggestion https://nebulous.cloud/threads/add-stats-to-the-vehicles-in-pdm.60932/ for
the more I think about it