Serious The Downfall of WW3RP: From the perspective of one of the common folk

tera

Atom
Nebulae
Same process. Not my application. Slightly tweaked and modified. Only one small problem; The person whose application I’ve copied was one of the Spetsnaz leads at the time, therefore, they were very easily able to identify their tweaked application and it was at that point that it was promptly rejected. My very cool fail was also publicized at the time and the leads of NJSOC saw that ‘my’ application was tweaked, which then caused me to get kicked out of the faction, fairly so. I did not pay much attention to the resulting consequences for much other than that, as I’ve stopped playing WW3RP for over a month out of shame.

Giggity. Whose application I wonder (:

It requires long hours and honestly I cbf playing that much for an interesting event of 30 minutes to occur over every slow-paced 3 - 4 hour rotations and I don't really blame the server/event management considering they have other responsibilities IRL. Other reasons are mostly contributing factors imo.

idk how hl2rp survives for a longtime, probs because they keep getting larger playerbases who are willing to put in more efforts and all.

things like this remain interesting for short periods of time before ppl just gotta move on and focus on other priorities.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
idk how hl2rp survives for a longtime
it was always more passive oriented & had events that facilitated that.

you could go from salvaging the ruins of some mall infested with weird, eldrich abominations to some murder mystery with an axeman in an old house, even if they had odd premises they were (usually) always character oriented, the lack of the server being a TDM meant personal focus was always the priority.

ww3rp's tended to be straight up warcrimes or the baffling (baby in washing machine), if they weren't excuses for a TDM scenario.

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
i like how this thread is also part confession about how @Anti-tankspy either isn't a very good writer or is generally lazy as a roleplayer and im not sure which is worse to admit here, like a huge section of the OP is dedicated to explicitly outlining application plagiarism

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
i like how this thread is also part confession about how @Anti-tankspy either isn't a very good writer or is generally lazy as a roleplayer and im not sure which is worse to admit here, like a huge section of the OP is dedicated to explicitly outlining application plagiarism
most apps have always had waffling and padding

the only times you didn't were due to faction leads going out of their way to be lax, you already having some kind of notoriety in the community, or being flat out told you don't even need to apply just ask in-character. my CAB app back in the day was something like 80% backstory, 10% previous experience and 10% what I wanted to do.

plagiarism is another matter though, that's too far to really justify.

Last edited:

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae
gee you really like tearing into me don't you

i don't really understand how a few* short paragraphs make up a ''''''huge'''''' section but i suppose it's understandable since its just me writing
MY EXPERIENCE
and what i typed there is exactly what happened. it's comments like these that make me think twice before writing down stuff like this, but if sharing my opinions bothered you then i won't do it again

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
gee you really like tearing into me don't you

i don't really understand how a few* short paragraphs make up a ''''''huge'''''' section but i suppose it's understandable since its just me writing

and what i typed there is exactly what happened. it's comments like these that make me think twice before writing down stuff like this, but if sharing my opinions bothered you then i won't do it again
i dont like tearing into you honestly, i dont even know you, it's just something you spent a lot of time writing about here, it's worth mentioning

do you think you contributed positively to the culture of ww3rp by doing these things?

do you not see a connection between "the community was quite bad" to your own experience?

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae
i dont like tearing into you honestly, i dont even know you, it's just something you spent a lot of time writing about here, it's worth mentioning
the last time i spoke to someone about this was in 2019 lmfao i didn't even remember i did that until my old conversations in inbox

i don't want this thread turned to a 'tankspy apology thread #199923' but ill answer you

do you think you contributed positively to the culture of ww3rp by doing these things?

do you not see a connection between "the community was quite bad" to your own experience?

i didn't. plagiarism isn't cool, and i've already apologized to tera at least 3 times (which he can confirm), but you have to understand that it was 14 year old me who came straight out of a darkrp server and into this that was playing at the time. i didn't even fully grasp the concept of seriousrp until a couple of years later, and I did feel ashamed that I took someone else's effort and displayed it as my own

safe to say that the ww3rp confession thread proves that this was a playground picnic compared to some of the more horrendous shit 80% of the playerbase used to do and still did judging the plethora of abuse reports that came out when 2022 iteration shut down.

i don't think copying the efforts of others is ok, but you cannot really convince me that this is more damaging than a certain 30 something years old retard asking an underaged nato main for weird things and STILL being kept around the server, even having SA status.

there is no way in hell anti tankspy did actual ''damage'' (or any damage whatsoever) when you have people of this caliber being kept around the community

getting caught DID actually benefit me though, it made me a better writer and it even made me enjoy writing overall

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
a certain 30 something years old retard asking an underaged nato main for weird things and STILL being kept around the server, even having SA status.
images

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
dude that motherfucker called me cute once on ts3 and i was genuienly terrified

i don't remember being so scared in my life i actually stopped playing gmod for like 2 weeks
i think it would be really funny if you said who (i think i know who)

tera

Atom
Nebulae
dude that motherfucker called me cute once on ts3 and i was genuienly terrified

i don't remember being so scared in my life i actually stopped playing gmod for like 2 weeks

Does the name starts with s

because im confident on who I think it is.

Either that or another one.

tera

Atom
Nebulae