Serious The Downfall of WW3RP: From the perspective of one of the common folk

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Caln down and stop inserting words into peoples mouths
motherfucker this is what you do on a daily basis

while pointing out specific staff members
you pointed out two and refused to name the rest

back in the day you were screaming for blood and now you just wanna go "they were all bad... server could have been better" as if somehow you can magically jumpstart things by revealing what was known years ago.

If you were in the boots of a NATO NCO, would you find yourself encouraged to use tactics at all in an environment like this? Would you even find yourself willing to play the faction in the first place?
should have demanded angel do something or gone behind him if he was still being a prick

if @metropaun @Star Lord @Clokr and @afric could do things so could you.

Aren't you aware that NATO was getting firebombed/suicide bombed on the daily while they were roleplaying with citizens at the front gates?
because you didn't filter shit or set up checkpoints outside the gate (like coals did)

coals still got attacked infrequently but due to the design people couldn't just rush it easily and bombs got absorbed by the props, NATO had people leaping sandbags and having a clear line to the entire motor pool.

most regular players don't really have the power to change their leads
most regular players don't have the power to deal with staff abuse
most regular players cannot edit server rules to achieve proper balance

many ideas were there, just none of the people in charge could be bothered to implement them and you know it
out of the rampant complainers here, both @mårten and @RainBow were staff and you were also frequently posting back then.
yeah, people tried to get both samurai and angel replaced. I remember it. so what? did it work back then? did all those complaints accomplish anything?

exactly, so why act like staff had the abilities to do that? we sure as shit couldn't get hiros or angel removed in their iterations.

that the problems were mostly connected to the people* running the gamemode and not the gamemode itself
you're acting like if the server was restarted on the spot, magically got a population and an overhaul, there wouldn't still be people idling or complaining about dumb shit / killing randoms. there will still be the same shitty preference to s2k over even basic rp, factions pawned off to people who won't properly manage them, etc.

for fuck's sake, you literally did the idling thing going "we have nothing to do" back in the day, and you want to go on and on about implementing change on the playerbase to stop that?

good fucking luck, man.

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
out of the rampant complainers here, both @mårten and @RainBow were staff and you were also frequently posting back then.
yeah, people tried to get both samurai and angel replaced. I remember it. so what? did it work back then? did all those complaints accomplish anything?

exactly, so why act like staff had the abilities to do that? we sure as shit couldn't get hiros or angel removed in their iterations.
we got staff like a bit too late to properly impact the server's downward path, though lord knows we tried
@GenericPlayer was the only active staff member for a bit before me and rainbow got it, god bless u man

we did our best to make things entertaining and fun for the last 15 - 20 players that still got on, spamming out events as much as we could
but it was too late - we had no auths to do any of these things but we still did them because we saw the need for things to happen

would have needed some sort of forum announcement and a big map-change from the ones who could actually do those things

also props to @Kafe and @Jumping Jupiter, it took several months but we finally got active staff on both factions that cooperated to make things enjoyable, not just boost their own faction's chance of winning

all this said i have no clue what you're talking about lmfao

Reactions: List

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
In my eyes coalition didn't have this much of an issue, since it was well complemented... optimistically speaking, although I'm not sure about NATO. Judging from what they're saying 💀

bro i didnt wanna say it because "aaagh factionalism!!" but like 90% of the stuff being levelled seems to have mostly happened on nato 💀
💀 💀

bad faction leadership and its consequences

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
Never thought I'd be back but hey cool new thing relating to ww3rp epic

I don't wanna get too into the arguments here but I thought this was kinda cool to think about so I thought maybe give a bit of insight but not like acknowledge a lot and just say what's on my mind personally.

Seeing I've now been promoted irl to rank of First Sergeant within my company and all the shit I've been forced to read all that is the thing that's mainly repeated over and over again.

Do you deserve your rank? Do you actually do something to try and make a difference or do you actually do something with your stripes? Most NCOs in NATO at least, besides only a handful (which I'm not gonna name) could actually fit that description.

Only a handful could actually show up and tell me or anyone else IC and OOC every single thing about every single person within the Battalion. Their physical, mental, spiritual, and militarily well being. I know I could go to them to find out more if need be.

The rest to me were all s2k fiends. Focused on one thing where the history of the faction has always been on RP rather then pure s2k.

The thing of being a good NCO regardless if it's LARP or real life is that you're flexible, you can do this and that and no matter the situation you can adapt to it to work for the best possible outcome for your troop and company.

i loved giving ur character horrible schizophrenia 😘
one of the only competent people in natos upper leadership ong

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
because you didn't filter shit or set up checkpoints outside the gate (like coals did)

coals still got attacked infrequently but due to the design people couldn't just rush it easily and bombs got absorbed by the props, NATO had people leaping sandbags and having a clear line to the entire motor pool.

tbf i doubt there was much they could have REALLY done against civ players who were *determined* to bomb their front gate save for just entirely blocking off the road that led to their base/just gunning down any civillian that comes vaguely near their base (which is what they did lmao, NATO protecting its own citizens oorah!)

coals got lucky by our base only having one avenue of approach

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
save for just entirely blocking off the road that led to their base
actually to their NCO's credit, they tried, there was a decent barrier build done up that beefed up security and allowed for civ vehicles to pass (if someone moved barriers up)

angel went spastic and refused to allow it to happen, told everyone to tear it down

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
motherfucker this is what you do on a daily basis

you pointed out two and refused to name the rest

back in the day you were screaming for blood and now you just wanna go "they were all bad... server could have been better" as if somehow you can magically jumpstart things by revealing what was known years ago.

should have demanded angel do something or gone behind him if he was still being a prick

if @metropaun @Star Lord @Clokr and @afric could do things so could you.

you're acting like if the server was restarted on the spot, magically got a population and an overhaul, there wouldn't still be people idling or complaining about dumb shit / killing randoms. there will still be the same shitty preference to s2k over even basic rp, factions pawned off to people who won't properly manage them, etc.

for fuck's sake, you literally did the idling thing going "we have nothing to do" back in the day, and you want to go on and on about implementing change on the playerbase to stop that?

good fucking luck, man.
shutup pal

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
i think we ought to shake things up next time, do something new

WW1RP:
>PK always on
>trenchfoot and delousing passive rp
>an auto-script randomly pks a character every 6 seconds via artillery/sniper
>1st s2k event involves going over the top, everyone dies
>only weapons: lee enfield, mauser, big club
>if you slightly disobey any orders you get shot for cowardice
>characters only allowed to be named things like "Tommy Piddlesthorpe from Bournmouth" or "Hans von Pappenschlappen"
>randomised "spanish flu" events

Last edited:

bilack

Electron
Nebulae

WW1RP:
>PK always on
>characters only allowed to be named things like "Tommy Piddlesthorpe from Bournmouth" or "Hands von Pappenschlappen"
I fully support this

mårten

Atom
Nebulae

WW1RP:
>PK always on
>characters only allowed to be named things like "Tommy Piddlesthorpe from Bournmouth" or "Hans von Pappenschlappen"
>randomised "spanish flu" events
every few days we wipe all of command and replace them entirely (not just their characters, OOC too)

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
rent free

next iteration should be the korean war

30 players vs a whole swarm of chinese until everyone dies, defending an obscure hill that never mattered
there'd be no fighting

one side freezes to death and the other starves to death before any fighting can take place

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
WW2RP but it's like Wolfenstein

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
If we go for a stasiland/hl2rp idea (civs vs whitelist military) it should be set in Texas so there's plenty of ic justification for the civilians to have mass access to military grade firearms and to be violence and human suffering addicted sociopaths

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
it should be set in Texas so there's plenty of ic justification for the civilians to have mass access to military grade firearms and to be violence and human suffering addicted sociopaths
texas secession movement vs a bunch of national guard nutjobs