The Elder Scrolls - Online [23rd June Summer Sale?]

Gungeoneer

Your neighbourly friendly guy.
Nebulae
Heyya, people. Soo.. uhh... since there will apparently be a Steam Sale on the June 23rd, as stated in Steam DB, might be false, I don't know, I might get TES:O in the sale. But I really don't know if it's worth buying, I mean it's a one time payment thing now but.. well.. it'd be cool if someone could give me some Pro's and Cont's to help me decide.

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
ESO used to suck back at 2014, I used to play back at beta and pre ordered the imperial collectors edition, and it when the game came out because it doesn't feel like a elderscrolls game, In 2015, Zenimax is actually listening to play feedback and the MMO has improved a lot recently.

I know it has a unwanted shop to buy items for real money but it's it's a great MMO with no monthly subscription.
The player base is way mature than Blizzard's fan base and they're really friendly.

I say yes it's worth buying.

Reactions: List

Gungeoneer

Nebulae
@Chicken dont u have TES-O on steam??

also

iirc at first not only you had to pay to buy the game but you also had to pay a monthly subscription, fanbase revolted and they just removed that crap
It's on sale right now, I really am considering to get it.

Chicken

Nihilanth
B A N N E D
Nebulae
@Chicken dont u have TES-O on steam??
I do have TES-O on steam, bought it around January and played it with patryk for quite some time since he liked TES a lot, but then BDO came, and both ended up rotting in my 'cool MMORPGs I planned to reach the late-game in but never got the motivation to continue' category

Gungeoneer

Nebulae
I do have TES-O on steam, bought it around January and played it with patryk for quite some time since he liked TES a lot, but then BDO came, and both ended up rotting in my 'cool MMORPGs I planned to reach the late-game in but never got the motivation to continue' category
Is it worth buying in your opinion?

Mandalore

Proton
Nebulae
Do you still have to grind through the other 2 factions' zones to get to max level after you actually reach "max level"? I stopped paying because of that "Veteran rank" bull shit. Boring and tedious as fuck. PvP was the only good thing about it and it was utterly impossible to play because the EU megaserver was actually located in the US so everyone had 150 ping. Not to mention that large scale battles were ridiculously laggy as well. Why even release a game with such big potential battles when your technology can't even handle it?

It might be better after two years of "improvements" but I wouldn't count on it being a gold star. I would not recommend it. Grab something new and radical like Black desert online or something. ESO is just another tedious copy-paste with some rudimentary Elder scrolls mechanics. Not worth investing money into, and definitely not time either.

Chicken

Nihilanth
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Is it worth buying in your opinion?
If you like TES which i didn't really enjoy although I understand how people get addicted to it, then probably not because it LOOKS like TES, but has been simplified to MMORPG format. Watch gameplay to form your own opinion

Gungeoneer

Nebulae
If you like TES which i didn't really enjoy although I understand how people get addicted to it, then probably not because it LOOKS like TES, but has been simplified to MMORPG format. Watch gameplay to form your own opinion
Alright, cheers.

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
Do you still have to grind through the other 2 factions' zones to get to max level after you actually reach "max level"? I stopped paying because of that "Veteran rank" bull shit. Boring and tedious as fuck. PvP was the only good thing about it and it was utterly impossible to play because the EU megaserver was actually located in the US so everyone had 150 ping. Not to mention that large scale battles were ridiculously laggy as well. Why even release a game with such big potential battles when your technology can't even handle it?

It might be better after two years of "improvements" but I wouldn't count on it being a gold star. I would not recommend it. Grab something new and radical like Black desert online or something. ESO is just another tedious copy-paste with some rudimentary Elder scrolls mechanics. Not worth investing money into, and definitely not time either.
I heard that Zenimax is removing Veteran ranks, Hopefully.
Not only that have you watch one of the latest reviews of Elder scrolls online or even played it recently?
One thing, Your opinion is outdated.

Gungeoneer

Nebulae
Well, I'll be considering it at the Summer Sale again, I won't buy it now. I bought Enter the Gungeon. It's a awesome game.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
this game used to be a massive fucking grindfest, but i havent played since the closed beta so

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
I love the Elder Scrolls series, so I'll look into it for sure :o

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
at least my shitposts have value

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
it's about as valuable as your life