Serious The Game That Doesn't Exist

InkPanda

Quark
Nebulae
Allegedly in the early 1980s, the United States Government created an arcade machine that was only released in a few select locations in the Northwestern regions of the US. Dubbed "Polybius" ('many lives'), the machine was reported to have caused seizures and several psychedelic behaviors in the children and teenagers that operated the game, some of which escalated far enough to cause suicides and drastic changes in behavior. Due to its infamous history and cryptic abilities, members of the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) were assigned to seize the devices and all of its duplicates with no notice to the public.

Some individuals claimed that they had located or retrieved their own "forgotten" copies of the machine, as recorded in their videos published to popular media outlets such as YouTube and Vimeo. However, these videos seemed to have a common ending -- a jumpscare before the video turns to black. As none of these are particularly credible, viewers had assumed that the machines themselves were props along with other entities that appeared.

Other details of the legend are explained in the hour-long documentary posted below.
If you have the time out of your day to watch it, and/or haven't already heard about this story, I highly encourage you to watch it.
What do you think?

Reactions: List

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
ahoy always did incredible jobs with in depth videos
he pretty much with this video singlehandedly buried Polybius as a decade long prank a website owner cant drop

D

Deleted member 243

Watched it, enjoyed it. Ahoy is one of my more favourite youtubers.

The fact that this might be the biggest ruse possible just astounds me. Like fuck, how deep did the rabbithole go?

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
best hour I've spent on youtube

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
guy from coinop.com wants to create an internet prank with sprinklings of mkultra governmental conspiracies, and people believe it for over a decade - was a good vid, watched it the other day when it came out.