The Hand of Vengeance | Feedback

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae

G9WEOG1.png

Pictured, Chief Justice Donaldson reading a speech prepared by escaping Rank Leaders, moments before his live broadcast execution in the Palace of Nations, Geneva

Today, justice did not reign.
3wzuQaH.png

The Hand of Vengeance
A @maxi and @Lewis! Post-Occupation Event

@Appetite Ruining Kebab @Oswald @'77 East
Thank you for playing and we hope you enjoyed

@Ricsow @Toriwarior30055
The event simply wouldn't have been possible without your contributions, thank you so much for your assistance

Please drop your feedback below, we'd love to hear it, 4-5 hours was a long time but I hope it was worth it.​

Last edited:
Reactions: List
Nebulae
actual dramatic masterpiece

have rambled on about my feedback in the group chat so i will keep this one short (i lied it wasn't that short)

good:

- amazing atmosphere. great use of animated props. great choice of map. great cell to start off in

- great pacing all around. absolutely nowhere we went to overstayed its welcome. we were told to wear suits and get out of our cell before we had a chance to get too comfortable in it, the court room session was interrupted before it got too dragged out, etc.

- the fact we got to casually commit atrocities on our way out; it shows a conscious acknowledgement of the kind of characters we went into this with and a willingness to accommodate their expression

- music choice. hams zimmering it up fit the grandiosity of the occasion

- the ending. ofc we didn't deserve to escape. i personally was fooled when we initially had so many advantages given to us, so it was a sobering surprise to me when we got given the bolivian army ending. and what a way to butter it up with the museum full of shit too! i was personally unsure how eija got the gene edits necessary for AR2 use (as the event indicated it) but hey, it is what it is, she did have the most ambitious backstory so i guess it made sense

not so good:

- took too long. some of us (me included in my own events lol) really need to work on our pacing

- related to the above; combat encounters were too frequent and injuries were too common to the point that both began to lose meaning. i would've personally cut some out near the end; this also helps with the event length problem. but generally don't shoot for more than two S2RP encounters max per event imo

- 'smoothness' of s2rp combat: it wouldve been nice to have an overseeing GM /eventing the actions of both sides rather than the event runner playing and GMing at the same time; in addition, it would've been nice to be rewarded for taking cover, or not punished for turning corners and advancing into areas we were supposed to enter. there were a few times where some of the injuries taken felt arbitrary; but that's acceptable if the event was going for a 'grim' portrayal where we were going to die in the end regardless

conclusion:

this was a delight, great chance to play one of my favorite characters over the years

screenshots coming soon

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
- 'smoothness' of s2rp combat: it wouldve been nice to have an overseeing GM /eventing the actions of both sides rather than the event runner playing and GMing at the same time; in addition, it would've been nice to be rewarded for taking cover, or not punished for turning corners and advancing into areas we were supposed to enter. there were a few times where some of the injuries taken felt arbitrary; but that's acceptable if the event was going for a 'grim' portrayal where we were going to die in the end regardless

for fucks sake i need to work on that codified s2rp system

glad to hear S2RP was done rather well in the event though

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Pro:
It was a fun passive event documenting the factious and actual war crimes the three of us were guilty of.
We had a small impact on things and ultimately created more atrocities on the way out just like our characters would.

Atmosphere was great, the environment was well set up.

The museum exhibit near the end fit the display, would have been nice if there was another shotgun or something to show how armoured up we were by that point though.

Con:
Ending firefight was a bit on the nose, would have been better to just do an [event] of us having run out firing and being gunned down by endless waves, leaving us to describe our deaths.

I had errors due to the content.

Too many injuries where we should have been completely incapacitated or unable to fight. Pretty much what @Appetite Ruining Kebab said.

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
Ending firefight was a bit on the nose, would have been better to just do an [event] of us having run out firing and being gunned down by endless waves, leaving us to describe our deaths.
This one I need to comment on because you are right, I felt our ending was quite anti-climactic. We had planned for it to go smoother obviously but it was suddenly happening and bullets were being exchanged and blah blah blah, we let it get out of control.

Never conidered just having it as a /event or two, would have been a much better option.

Last edited:

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Desktop_Screenshot_2023.06.24_-_00.06.32.98.png

Desktop_Screenshot_2023.06.24_-_00.47.21.68.png

Desktop_Screenshot_2023.06.24_-_00.52.30.49.png

As always, it was great to be able to help, and I‘m looking forward to potentially having a less S2RP focused event character next time :)

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Pule cheese is the most expensive cheese in the world because it is produced exclusively at Serbia's Zasavica Special Nature Reserve. This rare cheese is made from the milk of Balkan donkeys which are endangered and native to Serbia and Montenegro.

Nebulae
Pule cheese is the most expensive cheese in the world because it is produced exclusively at Serbia's Zasavica Special Nature Reserve. This rare cheese is made from the milk of Balkan donkeys which are endangered and native to Serbia and Montenegro.

sir this is the hand of vengeance not the kitchen of hell